Options
2»

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I have three dogs.
    I do not have pet insurance.
    Last month I spent $3,000 on one dog because of liver inflammation from something he found and ate.
    Every month now I will have to spend $160 for meds to compensate for his reduced liver function.
    I rolled the dice and lost.
    Who knows how it would turn out for you?
  • sagardner70
    Options
    We have Pet Insurance for our dog who is now 10 years old. We started it when he was a puppy. We have with with VPI (www.petinsurance.com) and it has paid off for us (our poor dog). Our dog has been bit at daycare and in the last year we found out he was diabetic and have many other test done on him over the years. This company has been very good about reimbursing us for at least part of our vet bills (as our policy states). The customer services has been good as well. We have the Superior Plan (which has some routine reimbursement) with the cancer add on. We pay the vet bills and then send in the form. It's pretty simple process. My vet gives me a receipt and the notes from his visit. I fill out a simple form and send those 2 items in (via email/fax) and usually get my money back within 4 weeks or so. I know our situation with our little furry love one has paid off and I would get it again if I had to do it over. Message me if you decide to go with VPI and you can use me as a referal.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I don't have pet insurance... but I have noticed that since it has become more prevailant that vet care has become more expensive... :-/
  • apatrick106
    apatrick106 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pet Insurance, huh? I guess we really love our pets.

Works for me until I have to start paying taxes to provide Pet Insurance to out of work watch dogs or indigent cats.

LMBO! Classic! :laugh:
  • apatrick106
    apatrick106 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a credit card called CareCredit...every purchase is interest free for 6 months. It's widely accepted at vets, dentists, and plastic surgeons. I just use it for the vet. :)

Thank you!! I have this card from when I had my Lasik done and forgot all about it! I think I still may get the insurance but pay with the card until I get reimbursed.