Funniest thing you've seen someone do at the gym.

Options
2»

Replies

• aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A guy walking on the treadmill the other day in jeans, t-shirt, and a leather jacket that went down to his shins. I had to laugh because it looked so funny. Dude...at least take the jacket off if you are going to exercise.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Why are her shoes off???

LOL! I didn't even notice that.

Maybe she's stretching her adductors?
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    There's a guy that screams every few minutes in spin class...

:laugh:
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I always chuckle when I see someone forging elite fitness
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    The other day a guy was running on the treadmill, a towel over most of his head, and he would grunt and yell every few minutes.
    Another person I saw was pretty much sprinting while he had his arms wrapped around the treadmill for dear life.
    Thank god for entertainment at the gym.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    The guy who was flexing in the mirror making kissy faces at himself. I'm not judging, but it made me laugh a little bit.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Idk who did it or HOWW they did it hahah..

but there was a huge turd lying in the middle of the gym floor one day. I thought I smelled something bad, but I didn't see it at first. Then someone came up to me (because I work there) and said "hey, there's sh** on the floor."

I thought he meant garbage or something. But then I saw it was actual sh**! hahah. It couldn't have been dragged in from outside because it was in the MIDDLE of the gym and pretty big. If it was dog poop from outside, it would have been dragged in throughout the gym. But it was just in the one spot of the floor.

How does that even....

It's not even noon, kids, I don't think I'm allowed to laugh this much yet...
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I went to a new fitness class recently to mix things up, and there were 2 different people in pajama pants taking the class. I mean I guess its comfortable? It was very strange to me.

I was also that person once in Yoga. My gym offers yga courses at various skill levels, but doesn't note what skill level the course will be on the class chart. I went to a different on than normal once and it was ADVANCED. I mean headstands and people balancing their whole body all twisted on one arm. Way to advanced for me. I felt like Jason Seigal in Forgetting Sarah Marshall sans alcohol haha
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do the grunt somtimes in the class makes me push my self harder when i'm tired i even talk to myself saing no pain ha ha
    The other day a guy was running on the treadmill, a towel over most of his head, and he would grunt and yell every few minutes.
    Another person I saw was pretty much sprinting while he had his arms wrapped around the treadmill for dear life.
    Thank god for entertainment at the gym.
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    This one time...there was this lady that tried to hang on to the monkey bars and make it across...definitely failed like 5x....and then went to grab her phone because it just wasn't happening and she was not going to make it.

yupp it was actually me
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    i always get a giggle watching the old ladies who keep their purses with them. they take that "we are not responsible for your stuff" warning seriously! my gym is in a nicer area of town too, so i doubt some crazy with bolt cutters is going to be raiding the locker room.

also, if you can talk on your phone while on the treadmill i don't think it counts as exercise :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I"ve seen a guy crawling all over the smith machine (horrible creation as it is) like it was a jungle gym. No one in the gym had any clue what he was doing and it went on awhile. Parkour on a smith machine??
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I was playing basketball and the shoving and *kitten* talking started between two guys of what looked like would be an awesome fist fight. This one guy got irate, and started punching like crazy. The funny thing was...he was punching himself. I really thought he was going to knock himself out as hard as he was hitting himself. He kept shouting "DON'T YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU BETTER RESPECT ME!!" as he kept beating the *kitten* out of himself.
  • hutchy100
    hutchy100 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know some 1 like that there look like ****s
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Ok here goes.... I've seen a lot but this is the best...

I was running on the treadmill, this guy gets on the treadmill next to me and starts running. Average looking in-shape college dude. I look at him for a second and concentrate back on my workout. Perhaps ten minutes later I happen to glance over again... he is still running and has his shirt pulled up to his neck to expose his chest and stomach and his is grasping his pecs/manboobs with his hands.

At first I was like "Well he must have a cramp" but as I continued to watch it was obvious that he was FONDLING his chest and not trying to massage out a cramp. And I mean fondling. Like delicately playing with his nipples. While continuing to run, at a very good clip, staring straight ahead.

I was so shocked/amazed/confused I just watched him for about five minutes, he never even noticed and kept doing it. And then I got off my treadmill, because it was just too much for me to handle.

I never saw him again and I still have no idea what that was about.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. :laugh: :laugh: