lose weight

Options
Good morning! I am having problems losing weight below my belly button, now my sides and hips. I ahve had a hysterecotmy and I know it's harder to lose the weight afterwards around that area. I can't do sit ups due to a lower back problem. So does anyone have any suggestions to help lose the weight around that area. I am watching now what I eat with the calorie intake. I don't understand the calorie intake. If someone could explain why when I workout I lose those calories I just ate during the day.
The reason I want to lose the weight and maintain it's I am getting married in May 2008. Wedding dress is tight around the belly button area. Plus I feel that I am fat, even though to ordinary person I am not. Plus my real mother when I saw her for the first time she is 5'0" and weights close to 200 lbs. The past a couple of years my body is getting her body frame at the same age I am not wich is 37. I would like to lose 10 to 15 lbs.
I admit it I need motivation to keep me going. I am in the military and I pass my Army Physical Fitness Test every year. But I have had some other health issues like; having no thyroid and having to take unthyroid, had a hysterectomy at a young age, and gaining weight in the last two years I can't keep it off.
So as you can see I need some help. I appreciate anyones sugestions and opinions.

Replies

• jenlyn1470
    Options
    Good morning! I am having problems losing weight below my belly button, now my sides and hips. I ahve had a hysterecotmy and I know it's harder to lose the weight afterwards around that area. I can't do sit ups due to a lower back problem. So does anyone have any suggestions to help lose the weight around that area. I am watching now what I eat with the calorie intake. I don't understand the calorie intake. If someone could explain why when I workout I lose those calories I just ate during the day.
    The reason I want to lose the weight and maintain it's I am getting married in May 2008. Wedding dress is tight around the belly button area. Plus I feel that I am fat, even though to ordinary person I am not. Plus my real mother when I saw her for the first time she is 5'0" and weights close to 200 lbs. The past a couple of years my body is getting her body frame at the same age I am not wich is 37. I would like to lose 10 to 15 lbs.
    I admit it I need motivation to keep me going. I am in the military and I pass my Army Physical Fitness Test every year. But I have had some other health issues like; having no thyroid and having to take unthyroid, had a hysterectomy at a young age, and gaining weight in the last two years I can't keep it off.
    So as you can see I need some help. I appreciate anyones sugestions and opinions.
  • kris23
    kris23 Posts: 44
    Options
    I was having the same problems , not being able to do situps (I had part of a dsc removed and now its hurts everyday where the scar is) anyways I got into yoga and pilates and did what I could and slowly started to do more and more. Now I can roll on the lower part of my back to do a sit up. It's still tender but the muscles are so built up and with proper breathing I barely feel any pain when pressure is applied to my back. Start off small and don't ever tell yourself you will never be able to do something, it may take you longer but you honestly can do whatever you want.