First day questions

Options
Well, it's 10 pm and I think my first day is about finished. Couple problems though. My cal goal was 2000. I went for a 7 mile bike ride and the website said that was about 800 calories (55 minutes) on various terrain and hills. Now my problem is, it says I still need 1200 calories. But i'm over in protein and sugar. I think I ate pretty well, no junk food, some fruit, cereal as a snack. Now, I dunno if I'm just not used to the high amount of calories I'm supposted to eat or I'm eating the wrong things. I plan to pick up some protein bars and some other "snack" items to eat inbetween meals. I'm allergic to all nuts, sadly. Any suggestions on what I should do to get these calories down, while not destroying the sugar and protein totals?

Replies

• lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    The protein is set low on this site, so you can go to the goals section and change your % for protein, carbs and fat. Sometimes the exercise calories burned is over what you actually burn. If you have a heart rate monitor (HRM) it will be more accurate. :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I changed my percentages to suit my needs. The protein is automatically set at 15% which is kinda low. It is recommended to have I gram per pound of body. Try chicken, fish. Also adding olive oil or butter to your veggies to get the fat up.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Be careful with how many calories this website says you burned it is just estimates- sometimes low and sometimes too high-- You might want to look into a heart rate monitor that tracks your heart rate but also your calories burned.- I got a Polar F4 and I love it-

I rode the bike tonight for 4 miles and burned 140 calories :grumble: -

as far as your macro nutrients you can customize them- Most americans don't take in the correct amount of protein a day which for the average person- its like 90 grams per day.