MFP says 1240 I say 1490 sounds healthier

Options
So i hit a 10lb mark and MFP wanted to update my goals and what not. It lowered my calorie intake to 1240 to lose 1.5lbs a week. I think thats too low so I changed my goal to only 1lb per week(1490cals). Do you think 30lbs is too far away from my weight loss goal to change to only a lb a week? (which is what i average losing at the current calorie deficit even though i had it at 1.5lbs a week).

Replies

• RachelVon
    RachelVon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP said I needed to be at 1400ish to lose 1.5 lb at week , however, I thought that was too low for me, so I customized it to 1700 and I have been losing 1.5-2 lbs average a week (eating back most of my exercise calories too) You know your body better than MFP I would go with what you feel comfortable, you can always change it later.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    It's really up to you. I started with 22lbs to lose and have always been at 1200 calories. I lost 2lbs/week for about 3 weeks, then 1lb/week every since. If you're more comfortable with 1490 and a slower loss, go for it. Same results either way. Do what will work for you. If 1240 seems to restrictive, you probably won't stick with it. Know what I mean?
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I think 1/lb a week is okay, I bet you'll probably find that you will still lose somewhere around 1.5/wk anyways eating at 1/wk.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yea up until today I have at 1300 and eating my exercise calories back. I'll try out the 1490 and if nothing in two weeks i'll try the 1240 like MFP suggested.