24 pounds lighter......this long and only this? 5'2 with pic

Options
2»

Replies

• rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    you actually have made A LOT of progress and honestly losing weight it a really slow journey. but you are getting there and you will be victorious. its okay to cheat here and there but they main thing is to keep moving forward :D
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am feeling a little discouraged today and thought I would take before and after pics. I started awhile back but only got serious the last two months. I have been overweight my entire life and frankly I am sick of it. I guess the light bulb moment just went off one day when I was really looking in the mirrow. You know when your fat you never look past your neck. I look at my face and try to find qualities in it that I like. I like my eyes. That is it. One thing in my entire body and the only thing I like is my eyes? So one day I stood in the mirror butt naked and looked at all of me. What I saw disgusted me so much that I started crying right then and there. I had to do something, so I got back on MFP.

At first I cheated and didn't really try, but then we had a little contest in our town and I really tried. I started walking. I walked every day but Sunday. It is so slow to come off. I am really tired of being the fat girl. I really am tired of being everyone's buddy ole pal. I know I am married, have been for 19 years. But you know, I NEED to feel sexy and loved. I am not losing weight to be sexy by no means and I am doing it to be healthy. BUT I do need my self confidence back you know.

I am still trying hard I have SO MUCH TO LOSE.........so this is me now. I can tell a difference and it encourages me. Maybe we can encourage each other since Easter is coming up and all that good food and candy........I see this and I don't want it. I can't wait to meet the new me. It's a start anyway.

ProgressPicApril201220poundsgone-1.jpg

Should be able to see pic now... there is definitely a noticeable difference! Keep it up!

P.S. I'm 5'3" and I was a 20/22 when I started, and am currently a 12/14.

Wow that is great!!! I can't wait till I make it to a 14!!!! Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I hate to say it but this last weekend I really have been having a pity party!!!! I did manage to lose .5 throughout Easter. I am really drinking the water and going to start back walking!!!! I want to lose 30 pounds by the time I go to Washington DC with the 6th grade class!!!!!!

It is so hard being the big women or the big friend. I mean, I have TONS of guy friends, have all my life. I have been married for 19 years.......but dangit big women need love too right!!!!!!! I am know that beauty comes from the inside, but have you ever accidently heard skinny people talk about big women? I mean really......they say they are my friend but if they are talking about others that overweight what does that say about me? I am so sick to death of trying to lose. I can smell a donut and gain 10 pounds! It is not like I sit around and eat all day...... I saw Easters pics and was really disappointed at how big I still am. I was so hoping for the pics to turn out good.

Well, I have till July 4th to get this weight off cause my best friends and I are going to Destin and I am not going fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!