Does having your cycle affect your weight and measurements?

Hello All,

I am trying to find some advice.. I am scheduled to have my measurements and weight done at the gym tomorrow. I was really disappointed last time. No Change for about 4 months, granted Holidays were involved at least I didn't gain. I finally got off my plateau of 147. I was 143 a few ago.. yesterday 145, today 147. WTH! I know there are fluctuations but eek. I was very excited about tomorrow but now think it should be re-scheduled. The weight won't bother as much as the measurements will. I know, I have water retention, probably. My biggest thing is my muffin top which even though I don't feel bloated can be affected. I am very conscious about my midsection. It's 35in, on occasion 34in.

Thoughts?

Replies

• aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 994 Member
    When its my time of the month I can go up about 5 lbs on the scale before and during that time.
  • mon696
    mon696 Posts: 64 Member
    It's typical for a woman to gain during her cycle. I usually run about 3 pounds, I think I read somewhere 3-5 is average for ToM. I'm not sure how much it affects measurements though.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    For a day or three every month my weight goes up by up to 5 or 6 lbs and my waist is almost 0.5 an inch bigger, my chest up to an inch bigger. My jeans are also tighter, and I feel yucky and bloated. I don't usually weigh or measure on those days. It goes back to normal quickly. If, even knowing that is almost certainly water weight, it is going to make you sad, reschedule. I know that, personally, my emotions are sensitive enough on those days that having someone do measurements would be a kind of cruel and unusual punishment :)
  • hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    I used to gain about three pounds every month. However, if you increase your water you might eventually stop gaining because your body won't be retaining the water weight anymore.

I drink more than 12 glasses of water a day now. The only time I gain water weight now is when my muscles are sore (like today). Drinking a ton of water is the best way (IMHO) to get rid of unwanted water weight.