Work Husband

Options
RoboLikes
RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
Does anyone have a work husband or wife? Are they just a fun, beneficial work relationship or do they tend to lead to something more scandalous?

Replies

• kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of something like this before.
  • Christina_3192
    Christina_3192 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    lol just watched "King of Queens" about the work husband/wife
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I had one at my old job. We worked really well together a t work, and became great friends in the process. :) Love that man. And I love his wife!. And he gets along with my signifcant other. We are honestly just friends. And we are all friends - double date nights, the whole 9. I highly recommend it! :)
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My brother in law has a work wife..I'd never heard the term until my sister told me about her. Sis is totally ok with it. It's not a romantic relationship at all, just a beneficial friendship at work..according to them. I did ask sis if she was threatened by this woman, apparently it's not a problem.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    several.

if i get anymore work divorces i won't have anything left of my k3yb0rd
  • lurchajn
    lurchajn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know a few people in these kind of relationships. For most of them it has lead to something else, moving away from a work-wife to a FB.
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    know what a work spouse is ... never had one personally .. I have HOWEVER had a work "mom" .. She was litterally old enough to be my mother.. to quote from her the day I was "adopted" ... " you know I like you better than my OWN kids.... i think im adopting you!!" Its been a mother/son relationship ever since....Id get the "where is your coat young man!" and the thermos of chicken noodle soup that would almost always happen when I had a cold to she was the listening ear when my second child was born 2 months premature and I needed to talk about my fears.. These kind of relationships are good within bounds.. There has to be a mutual signal in place if either party starts to sprout "feelings"
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I had one at my old job. We worked really well together a t work, and became great friends in the process. :) Love that man. And I love his wife!. And he gets along with my signifcant other. We are honestly just friends. And we are all friends - double date nights, the whole 9. I highly recommend it! :)

Sounds fun! It would just be nice to have a new dynamic at work, its all chicks here
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I did, then it led to something scandalous (I'm not married) even though that was originally NOT the intent at all. Not saying that it's always inappropriate, or that other people can't handle it... But be careful and very conscious of boundaries. The moment you start hiding information, or using Work Husband as any kind of substitute for Real Husband, it's crossed the line.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    One husband is enough for me!!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My husband and I work for the same company, in the same office, and have the same boss. Works very well for us.
  • KharismaticKayteh
    KharismaticKayteh Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    All my associates are women. And I am heterosexual (or just not interested in them).
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Love that episode!

My husband and I work at the same school, so he's my home and work husband!
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I work in a very small office with one other person who is old enough to be my dad. He'd have to be a creepy, perverted dad though. We argue like an old married couple. I can understand his jibberish and know what prescriptions he takes and when he takes them. My boss' office is connected to ours and he thoroughly enjoys listening to us all day. We're quite entertaining when we're together.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I used to have a work husband, we were both single at the time. He eventually turned into my real life husband. :happy: We’ll be married 3 years this June.

Edit: I do have a “work girlfriend” at the moment. We’re both happily married (to men) so nothing is going to come of that relationship. :laugh:
  • jericho444
    Options
    I'm a heterosexual male, but I've had a work husband or two. Maybe we should have gone with "work brosband" ... :laugh:
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My co-worker and I call each other our work wives! We are both straight females so nothing more is going to come out of that! We bring each others mail and make sure we both leave on time!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I used to have a work husband, and my husband used to have a work wife. It was nice to have someone to vent to about work stuff (for both of us) as it really helped to keep work stress out of our home. J and I still meet up for lunch every once in a while to talk about work, our families, and just in general get caught up. I believe that my husband (M) still keeps in touch with his J. There was never any inappropriate conversaitons or intentions from either of us (or either of them). M and I will occassionally go out to dinner with my J and his family, I haven't seen M's J in quite some time.

Now, previously to M working with J the person in that position, A, made me uncomfortable. She was needy and a little out of balance, I asked M to be careful about spending too much time socializing with A to ensure she didn't get the wrong idea or start trying to cleave herself to him. While I know that there was no sexual tension there, she needed an emotional anchor and her neediness made me uncomfortable, that's something that a friend of the same gender/a friend of any gender you grew up with/or a family member should provide, not a co-worker.
  • Karalopolous
    Options

LOL, me too!!! "We'll share a margarita too!!"
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a work spouse. I enjoy it. It will never lead to anything scandalous as he is twice my age. We have only 3 people in our office. (myself, him and his son) it works perfect. I know how to push his buttons, spend his money (wisely) and I clean... kinda like a wife and of course I do what I want WHEN I WANT!
    Does anyone have a work husband or wife? Are they just a fun, beneficial work relationship or do they tend to lead to something more scandalous?