Greetings!

Options
Have been logging food and excercising for 1 week. And so far lost 1 pound (barely). I have excercised 6 out 7 days. I am concerned that its going to be hard to meet requirements on carbs, fats, protiens and calories

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Have been logging food and excercising for 1 week. And so far lost 1 pound (barely). I have excercised 6 out 7 days. I am concerned that its going to be hard to meet requirements on carbs, fats, protiens and calories

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    ps. I can't tell from your info how much you want to lose. If it's just a little bit, then that could very well be why you "barely" only lost the one pound. It comes off faster if you're MORE overweight.
    Just try REAL HARD to make good food choices so that you DO stay pretty much within your numbers, get some exercise, and you WILL lose. (MFP tends to go alittle low with their protein allowance, so it's not bad to be alittle over in THAT.)
    Oh, and don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the help section at the top. AND also, under "all topics" on the home page, then choose "general", and check out the first few threads. It'll really help you understand how MFP works.
    All I can tell you is that before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! So stick with it, and it WILL work for you too! :smile:
  • rummy
    rummy Posts: 1
    Options
    Me too but I'm not discouraged. I think you have to reset your metabolism before it really kicks in. In fact I was derailed a week by going on vacation so today I am back to it and starting over. This site really does help to keep you disciplined. Good luck to both of us!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • polanco
    Options
    It has been a very long time since I have logged on to share progress. Regretful so, I have only been on track for 2 days and am very pleased with the desire and determination I have today. I had a rude awakening when I went on a cruise vacation and took a look in the mirror and I swear I looked pregnant!!! I did not get into a swimsuit or dress up the whole trip, so here I am woking for a a better way of life!!!:laugh: :laugh: So if anyone could root for me I will be grateful.