just started and now I'm sick!

Options
I have had a successful first week...didn't fall off the wagon at all...go me!

However, I got a nasty, nasty cold last Tuesday at the start of my new diet and my calories have been down most of the week. I have been trying to eat more, but the truth is...I'm not hungry. (not to mention its been hard to swallow because of the sore throat :frown: and the inability to smell anything) . I have been forcing myself to eat, but my calories are still down.

I started walking again yesterday...thats the first time in a while I felt okay enough to walk, so that causest the amount of calories I am supposed to eat to increase, but still...I'm just not hungry.

Is this really going to hurt me? I have been told when you greatly decrease your calories it can make your body hold on to that fat you are trying to lose. But I honestly can't eat much. Do I just call off my diet until I get better or do I keep sticking with it?

Any suggestions?

217008.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i got ill once and i wasn't dieting. i didn;t really eat at all. I ened up losing lots of weight very quickly but then when i got better i ate them all back lol.
    Sorry you are not feeling well but i think short term you should be ok. the body doesn't like being starved but with the deficit of calories you will still burn them just by being alive. I reckon you will lose weight but use it to your advantage and stick to the diet when you get better.
    Hopefully you won't notice a huge difference.
    lots of warm soup and plenty of fluids. Not eating will keep you ill for longer.
    Hope you feel better soon
    Ben
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    your doing well!! Keep up the good work. Dont worry about cals right now, just be mindful to eat something healthy when you do eat.

I hope you get better soon!

(edited because I answered before fully reading your post, sorry:blushing: )
    :flowerforyou: Jeannie