HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM!

Options
This morning and several mornings before I weigh myself and mind you I have a new/newer scale so I dont think it is the scale. But like this morning I stepped on and it said 148.6 then I felt like maybe I didnt step up all the way so I stepped on it again and it said 147.8 I couldnt believe it so I did it again and it said the same, 147.8 then I brushed me hair and 2 seconds later weighed in one more time just to make sure it was right and it then said 148.4!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so frustrating does anyone have this problem?? And please no lectures on weighing in so much, it is the way I do things and I must be doing something right b/c I have lost a ton of weight. So besides that thank you for any suggestions!!!

Replies

• athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    This morning and several mornings before I weigh myself and mind you I have a new/newer scale so I dont think it is the scale. But like this morning I stepped on and it said 148.6 then I felt like maybe I didnt step up all the way so I stepped on it again and it said 147.8 I couldnt believe it so I did it again and it said the same, 147.8 then I brushed me hair and 2 seconds later weighed in one more time just to make sure it was right and it then said 148.4!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so frustrating does anyone have this problem?? And please no lectures on weighing in so much, it is the way I do things and I must be doing something right b/c I have lost a ton of weight. So besides that thank you for any suggestions!!!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    No lectures on the weighing in. People need to do what is right for them. As for the jumping around mine does it too...and like yourself I keep stepping on than off.....I wish I had an answer, but try not to let it get to you. I heard the WW scales are good?

dd
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That is the one I have! It has been good besides this
  • bricker06
    Options
    i also have the ww scale it also does the same thing. i always take the first weight because it only fluctuates by a few ounces. i always weigh myself at the same time.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I do this too but but mine is not digital so I know if it does that I know that I just need to adjust it back to the 0.
  • Spruitt57
    Spruitt57 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mine will do that but some times will adjust but a few pounds. And mine is a new scale too. So annoying! So I've started just taking the first weight too. But it is really weird!

:noway:
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    My scale isn't digital. I moved mine around the bathroom until I found the most "accruate" place and I move it to there every time I weigh in.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale and its not new ( maybe 2 yrs old?) and it does the same thing. I can move the scale and get a different reading- and move it again and get yet another different reading.

Its annoying and frustrating, but I do think that's " normal" for scales.

P.S. Mine is a Health O Meter
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Also how you possition your feet on the scale can make a difference.
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    Recently I was put in charge of purchasing 2 units - one for the men's locker room and one for the women's locker room at my company's in house - mini gym. What I found out was that the only scales that are truly acurate are ones like in the doctor's offices that use counter weights and they have to be calibrated. So I wouldn't worry about a pound one way or the other - the important thing is that you are working to look your feel your best and mostly - to be healthy!
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I use my gym scale, which is like the one at the doctor's office. I have one at home but it fluctuates as well which is why I go by the weight that the one at the gym gives me.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    This actually happened to me this morning.

I first weighed and it said 206.5, then 205, then 209, then 204. My floors aren't very even so I keep moving it around until I find a flat spot. I found one in the bathroom and weighed myself 3 times in a row and everytime it said 205 so I went with that.

It is frustrating. :explode:
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    I only hit the scales every 6 weeks, so the shock is more real. rather than a poind or two ist more like 8-12. The scales remind me of a gambling scheme. either choose the first weight and be happy or hit it three time and either choose to average them or best two out of three. High nimber wins or low number. Waht ever make you feel like you have trule accomplished something, so you will be motivated to continue to loose more and not loose heart. sound like the scales I use and if ya fart the numbers change again (guess its the loss of hot air and make you heavier on the scales kinda thing)
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My Health O Meter does the same thing. I have found that I have to stand on it with my feet in the same position everytime to get consistent readings. I am going to take mine to my next drs. appointment so that I can compare the weights. He has a good scale with the counterweights and keeps it calibrated. Hopefully I will learn the foot position that gives me the most accurate weight.:smile: