Best King of Milk

2»

Replies

• dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    almond milk. there's one that's only 40 calories a cup. and i personally love it!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    I drink Blue Diamond unsweetened Almond Milk regular and vanilla. I LOVE IT!! I actually crave it. It did take about a week for my taste buds to adjust but now I prefer that, even my 12 and 6 year old do. Higher in calcium as well!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    I use skim milk in my cereal and oats and sometimes drink a 1/2 a cup, I think it tastes fine. I don't like whole because of having a dairy cow for years we would have to mix the cream into the milk before drinking . I do love cream for cooking.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Almond milk! I tried Silk's Almond Milk with Dark Chocolate and i'm not going back to dairy milk again!
    And it's only 120 calories for 250 ml.
    The plain version has much lower calories..

I am addicted to this stuff!

OP, in general I prefer almond or coconut milk.
  • pyroxian
    pyroxian Posts: 99
    I dunno, but the queen is...

200px-Dairy_Queen_logo.svg.png

You win.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Is this a real question? Did someone really ask the difference between skim and 2%??
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 720 Member
    Almond milk.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 577 Member
    Silk pure almond- unsweetened vanilla is only 35 cals per cup.....it's delicious!! I use it for anything that calls for milk.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    I actually prefer skim milk. I've been drinking it for so long that anything else tastes thick and leaves a film on my mouth. When I have whole milk I feel like I should be eating it with a fork.

I looked at the almond milk and it tastes good but doens't have as much protein as milk.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Cold Skim milk, low fat, more protien than eggs
    and cures hangovers maybe even cancer but Im still testing :-)
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    I like skim milk. I've been drinking it for years - even when I was overweight and not doing anything about it, I was drinking several glasses of skim each week. It takes some getting used to, but eventually the 2% seems too thick! I didn't know any adults who drink whole milk.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    http://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/milk-calories.html

Edited: Just look at the chart. The crap underneath is typical B.S. Dairy products do not contain antibiotics.

You sure?

Given as my family ships (non-organic) dairy, yes.

If one of our cows gets treated with antibiotics, we test her milk before we add it back to the tank. Until then, she gets milked into a separate bucket. If we accidentally put her milk in the tank to ship, we'd dump it. If we didn't, and it got onto the truck, the company would test the milk when it got there. If THEY found antibiotics, they would dump the entire TRUCKLOAD of milk and bill my family for the dumped milk (they take a sample at each farm so they know where the antibiotics came from.)

This is standard procedure.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    http://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/milk-calories.html

Edited: Just look at the chart. The crap underneath is typical B.S. Dairy products do not contain antibiotics.

You sure?

Given as my family ships (non-organic) dairy, yes.

If one of our cows gets treated with antibiotics, we test her milk before we add it back to the tank. Until then, she gets milked into a separate bucket. If we accidentally put her milk in the tank to ship, we'd dump it. If we didn't, and it got onto the truck, the company would test the milk when it got there. If THEY found antibiotics, they would dump the entire TRUCKLOAD of milk and bill my family for the dumped milk (they take a sample at each farm so they know where the antibiotics came from.)

This is standard procedure.

Hallelujah!!!!! Someone who has actual expirience who tells the truth!!! Im so sick of hearing all the nonsense about oh there is this that and the other in it so we buy organic. PUKE!!! People are so easily swayed en mass by anything
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    I drink Blue Diamond unsweetened Almond Milk regular and vanilla. I LOVE IT!! I actually crave it. It did take about a week for my taste buds to adjust but now I prefer that, even my 12 and 6 year old do. Higher in calcium as well!

This - I love it too - and only 40 calories for 8oz
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    Who shall me crowned...THE KING OF MILK?!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Seems to be a bit extreme to be worrying over the calories in a glass of 2% milk...there is a happy medium.
    I mean, You wouldn't catch me debating whether to allow myself that extra half a glass of milk and whether to workout to make up for it, That just strikes me as going a lil over the top, but that's just me,
  • 8kidsmom
    8kidsmom Posts: 40
    I get what you are asking. I have realized that I was racking up a bunch of calories with my dairy. I have not switched from whole milk, b/c I am one of those crazy nuts who only drinks whole milk, preferably raw. But, I have sure had to drink a lot less of it because a little packs on the calories. I do like almond and rice milk, but I never checked the calories, but as far as the flavor goes they are fine in cereal or something. I would save the good stuff for the glass!