Easter Dinner recipe suggestions?? Cooking for the family sa

Options
:smile:

Replies

• RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You can always go with traditional ham. Mashed potatoes are a staple but I've started using mashed turnips instead (can't tell the difference!) and I've heard of people used mashed cauliflower too. That'd be a bit healthier. Serve with some mixed roasted spring type vegetables like asparagus. A nice fresh spring greens salad. Some deviled eggs (use hummus!), some mini pickled stuff like corn and beets and whole wheat dinner rolls. Strawberry shortcake for dessert! Or something that's spring-type-pastel colors. Maybe a lemon pie or key lime pie. You can always tweak things to be healthier too.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm making a ham in the slow cooker - 1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar on bottom of slow cooker, then the ham, with 1/2 cup brown sugar rubbed in (pre-cooked picnic ham about 8-10 pounds) and on low for 8 hours. then some au gratin potatoes- keeping it fairly simple- some fruit salad and veggie trays- haven't decided on any other "sides" for our meal - maybe some sort of green salad with some cranberries and goodies in it?
  • Skeeter918
    Options
    Great ideas!! I am going to try that ham recipe for sure! East and no fuss...my style! Thanks yall!