Keep going on and off track :-(

Options
I find that I seem to do well for a couple of weeks then it comes up to time of the month and all I want to do is eat and any will power I have goes out of the window.... it then takes me a good week to get back into it all and the cycle all starts again. As a result my weight loss is pretty slow...

So, I know what I am doing wrong - it gets to that time of month and its like my frame of mind shifts, so I guess my question is does anyone else go through this? and how do people keep their minds so focussed? as although yes I know what I am doing wrong at these times by eating too much and the wrong things, it's like a switch in my head goes and the focus is gone.

Replies

• jjmagnet
    jjmagnet Posts: 1
    Options
    I know what you mean and I found an all natural diet supplement that slams your appetite and curbs your cravings for sweets it has worked for me I've lost 20 lbs. Go to my website and click on products and read about it you can order a bottle from there also. This My fitness website helps me stay on track love it and am sharing it on facebook! www.jennysloseweightfeelgreat.com
  • Jersey14
    Jersey14 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am going through the same thing as you! I got my lovely visit from mother nature yesterday and all I want to do is eat. I am eating things I told myself not to when I started MFP but so far I'm not going too crazy....but that could all change tomorrow! Stay strong through it all and if you need to eat something to make you feel better than do it but try to exercise afterward. We can do this!
  • Christi6604
    Christi6604 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    One of the things that helped me so far, was to plan for an indulgence. So, I eat "perfect" for six days a week, and then, have one free day. I don't go crazy on free day, but with maybe have a treat I'd been craving - a baked potato and some ice cream for example. But, a normal portion size.

Also, I found that all that stuff about "a little chocolate a day" that you hear works for some people, never really worked for me...it intensified my cravings. The same with carbs...if I have to many carbs, I retain more weight it seems and I crave them more. Once a week was more managable for me. To clarify...I eat carbs every day, but I'm talking about the not-as-nutrious versions (i.e. baked potatos, lots and lots of bread, etc.)

Good luck! Also - great job on getting back on track every time...that's the key. Don't give up!
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    Oh my goodness...a soon as PMS kicks in, so does the want for sweets! I am not normally a sweets person, but if I see it then, I will eat it. lol I do the best I can and thank God it is only a few days a month. lol

Harder said than done, but mind over matter. Maybe when those cravings hit, you could talk yourself into working out. I try it, and sometimes I succeed. lol