Logging food while eating..

Options
Today I decided to treat myself to Noodles & Co. for lunch! I was REALLY hungry and I know I won't have dinner until late tonight, so I got a regular sized entree... I'm sitting at my desk eating and logging it in... when I realized it's 900 calories. I stopped, and put the half that was left in the fridge for tomorrow (or never?). I figured the tomato cream sauce was "bad" but not that bad!!

Do you do this? Eat and log it in? And has it made you stop eating something you shouldn't?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    When I'm trying to decide what to have, I'll log it and find out how it fits in my budget. Last night, I wanted celery and PB for my snack, but the PB went way over my fat cals budget.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this was the biggest benefit of logging for me - Not conforming to a specific calorie allocation, but realizing just how calorie-dense my favorite foods were.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    i usually log before i eat it, but by that stage i usually have it cooking! lol!! i usually have plenty of calories anyway!!!
  • bearxfoo
    bearxfoo Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I look up food first before I eat it. That way, I know how much I should/can eat of it. I've become kind of obsessive about it, I feel..... weird if I can't figure out how many calories a food I've eaten has :(
  • JillHoff
    JillHoff Posts: 30
    Options
    I look up food first before I eat it. That way, I know how much I should/can eat of it. I've become kind of obsessive about it, I feel..... weird if I can't figure out how many calories a food I've eaten has :(

I am becoming so obsessive about it too.... LOL! Even if I take a bite of something I feel guilty until it is logged. I guess for an obession it is healthy....:)
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    If I am going to go out for something, I look the info up first, then order. But I have done that in the past!
  • dandy_girl
    dandy_girl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I log it before I eat it-- but then I worry that it's giving me "permission" to eat something I don't want or need?! Does that make sense?

I"m fairly addicted to logging stuff in too! My favorite part of the day, is counting out the 16 animal crackers that are in my calorie budget (ugh- except maybe today!).