Youble.com - Has anyone tried it?

Options
I was just wasting some time on Twitter when I found a tweet about youble.com which is like a virtual trainer/online gym in the cloud, so i went over and checked it out.

I may cancel my $30/mo Y membership...but, before I do that, I wanted to get feedback from anyone that may have tried or is currently using it.

Anyone?

Replies

• Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of it.... but it looks pretty cool!

I would not cancel my membership, but i might pick this up some days!
  • cookierinthia
    cookierinthia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it either, but plan to check it out.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On my way to check it out. I do more running around my neighborhoor than at the Y. I only keep my membership well because I paid 6 months up front and my little boys LOVE the play and learn
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty cool, especially if you like taking classes.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Id never heard of it either and just looked it up. Looks interesting enough ;) 2 week free trial membership doesn't hurt either.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i wanna say fitbie does the same thing....i think its free
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you guys.

I haven't actually BEEN to the Y in months...It's way out of my way (read: across town) and we don't have but two gyms...well, three, if you count the chick gym.
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    Trying the Free Trial now....
  • bktibbetts
    Options
    I couldn't get the darn thing to load - maybe wifi isn't enough for this site??
  • bigsisterdice
    Options
    never heard of it before, but i think ill be giving it a try! looks like a fantastic program and WELL worth the small monthly fee! WAY cheaper than a gym, and soooo many options!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    I did ten minutes of a thirty minute workout last night and loved it. I am going to try an entire “On The Floor” class and see if I still love it, LOL...
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Alright. I can absolutely see where a WiFi might have a hard time keeping up with this. Will try it on my iPad and see. I do know that the first three attempts to work this today failed miserably, given the streaming kept choking and it would start from the beginning…again and again. However, once the router was rebooted (and my computer is hardwired to the router), there were no problems.

That said, if you have bad knees or can’t put weight directly on your knees (from, say, oh, I don’t know…falling or being hit by a large dog and being knocked to the ground?) the “On the Floor” class will NOT be for you. I had to call it a day, ten minutes in.

However, I went back to do the Cardio Dance, and there was a new lesson up, so I thought I would give that a go, and folks. I just have to tell you? I am a sweaty hot mess, my heart rate went to the moon and stayed at target for almost the entire thirty minutes, and I thought I was going to die before 30 minutes was up. I LOVED it! Yes, I cursed at the witch and flipped her off a few times, as well, and may have even told her I hated her, but I KNOW I did something right, and actually GOOD for myself. :) And the beauty of this? There was nobody here to laugh at me except my spouse, and he more laughed with me than at me, as he was kind of engaged in watching her boobs, LOL…

I will go back again this evening and see what kind of trouble I can get into with a strength training video.
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I totally read Youtube.com in your subject line.
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Well, this sucks. I got all involved and started really loving it and they shut the site down. :(
  • newmandi623
    Options
    The Youble site was just shut down. Sad.
  • bktibbetts
    Options
    I searched on Youtube and found some Zumba classes - I bet there are others on there too.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I just checked out the site and there is a letter saying that the site has closed down due to not enough people signing up and will refund $$$ to people who have signed up in the last 30 days! Yikes!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I just checked out the site and there is a letter saying that the site has closed down due to not enough people signing up and will refund $$$ to people who have signed up in the last 30 days! Yikes!

Yeah I just saw this...o well!
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just checked the site out and saw the same message. That was fast!! too bad. It sounds like they had a good idea going there!
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    Site is shut down completely....