much needed HAIR advice....

Options
2»

Replies

• NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Hello from a Greek/Canadian mixture. I have super fine, super straight, and SUPER THICK hair. Oh, and it's long too. Can not find anyway to curl it. I love your curls, but like mine, I get many comments, but like to change it up sometimes. I would look on the YouTube sight and see if maybe there is a style you can do without using harsh chemicals on you hair and scalp.

I also 2nd, the Keratin treatment. Hair is Keratin, so it will do a wonderful job of keeping those beautiful curls healthy.

God Bless, Nicolette
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    From an absolutely TOO white chick with thin straight hair.....I am soooooooooo jealous right now. : (. I would trade hair with you for awhile if I could! I don't have any advice for you...know nothing on the subject but..... Seriously, your curls look AMAZING!

THIS^^^ would love to know what that is like...
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My curls are probably tighter than yours but I TOTALLY understand how you feel. I sweat from my head, so straightening is not an option unless I just want to throw some money away lol.

1. PLEASE don't relax your hair. When it's curly, it's gonna curl up anyway. Relaxers stress our hair out unnecessarily, and there's so so so SO much more harm done from them than good. They relax our curls and make them more manageable, but that's where the good stuff ends.

2. I'd go with the suggestion to just get the blow-outs when you want your hair straightened and protective style when you go to the gym.

I wish you much success with it. Hair is a such and such and so and so when it comes to working out and stuff, so I understand!
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    From an absolutely TOO white chick with thin straight hair.....I am soooooooooo jealous right now. : (. I would trade hair with you for awhile if I could! I don't have any advice for you...know nothing on the subject but..... Seriously, your curls look AMAZING!

;D Yep. Me to. I would kill for your hair. Enjoy it. It's lovely and exotic at least in your picture.
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I can understand, but on the other end of the spectrum. I have naturally stick straight hair, and I think I look best with curly hair. I got my first perm last April and my second one this March. I understand wanting to do something to change your hair, so go ahead! I haven't dyed my hair for over a year now, so my hair bounced back to being healthy only about a week after I got my perm!

If it makes you happy to have your hair straight, then do it!
  • emac877
    emac877 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did a keratin treatment almost a year ago and have had trouble getting my bangs to recover from it. Most of my hair has come back from the treatment but it is a much looser curl. I went from spirals to a looser S curl. My bangs are curly at the root and straight at the ends and look freakish unless I flat iron them out every day. They no longer hold curl at all.

My advice is to be careful with the Keratin treatments. I don't think I will ever do one again. I'm currently trying to grow my bangs out so I can perm them to match the rest of my hair.