When do you weigh yourself?

2»

Replies

• Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    I've seen a couple of people say not to weigh yourself after a workout. Just curious, why is it bad to weigh yourself after a workout?

An example would be that after I run, I am 2-3 pounds lighter than right before I ran. Pure fluid loss only and most likely you will regain that weight very quickly after you rehydrate. Therefore I do not bother weighing after a workout unless I'm just curious.

157695.png
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    I weigh myself every day, morning and night usually...

When I check in for my ticker and weight-loss bad, I only use the scale figures from Sunday mornings though.

I know I've heard a lot of people say not to weigh yourself so often, but I want to see the fluctuations that my body goes through so that I can familiarize myself with them. That way, I can factor certain situations or events to explain why my scale reading is the way that it is. I'm hoping the more I understand how my body fluctuates and changes (ie. if I've had too much sodium, if I'm retaining water, etc., etc.) I'll be able to understand and won't get too dejected or disappointed if my scale reading is higher one day from the next.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Monday mornings, before I eat or drink anything, after going to the bathroom & nekkid.

woo hoo!

lurker alert!!!:bigsmile:
    trenchcoat.gif
This discussion has been closed.