Eat More to Lose Experts-Help!

Options
jcpmoore
jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
For those of you who have used the "more is less" approach of eating more to lose weight, I need some help. I am trying to use this approach now, but so far I'm scared. I changed my goals to reflect eating a more realistic amount-I think. Here's the basics:

I'm 39 and weight 206 lbs.
I want to lose to 140, but my intermediate goal is 183.
I'm 63 inches tall, or 5'3".

Here's how I got my numbers:
Arriving at a basic tdee as a function of BMR x 1.2
BMR=1579
TDEE= 1894

Subtract 20% and basic goal is 1515 calories.

For eating back exercise calories I let MFP add that in for me when I log it. It can be anywhere from 220-600 calorie burn, so it's not a steady number.

So I have my daily goal calories set for 1515. Plus my exercise calories burned. Is that correct?

So far, I'm gaining weight, not losing. Keeping in mind that when I say I just started, I do mean *just* (a few days ago). How long did it take for you to see a loss doing this?

What kind of snacks did you eat that helped you consume healthy calories?

Replies

• alexisguardian
    Options
    In order to do this method of Eat More to Lose, you should eat between your BMR and TDEE, but never below or above. Right now you are eating below your BMR so you need to up your intake. You can go here and plu in your numbers and it will tell you exactly how much to eat (this is taking into consideration your exercise) http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/.

Helloitsdan explained it best in his post In Place of a road map. You might want to search it and read what he has to say.