Need Encouragement?

Options
When a "friend" hasn't been logged in for a few days I think it's funny that I get a line in my feed that says "**** has not logged in for a week. She might need some encouragement." If she isn't logging in how the heck am I supposed to give her encouragement??? I get that we are here to help each other out but I can only help someone if they let me.

Replies

• ToniTelck68
    Options
    You are so right, but don't forget that when you send a word of encouragement or any response to a member here, they get an email notification sent to them. So don't give up sending encouraging words to others...you really encouraged me today more than you know. And it was because I saw your email sitting in my inbox. :=)
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    Well, sometimes you get on and you see nobody has said anything inspiring and you log back off because...well what's the point. Those words to mean a lot in teh end.
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    First off, Toni I'm glad that I helped a little this morning. :) I didn't realize that when you send a message on here the other person gets an e-mail. I don't get one, I don't know I have a message unless I log in. I just really want to support the friends that I have made on here but I didn't know I could "reach" them even if they haven't logged in.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about my job...

How the hell am I supposed to help tutor a student who is always ABSENT?!? :huh:
  • giglqueen
    giglqueen Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    They will only receive an email notification if they have them turned on. I do not because I do log in every day and I do not want my email flooded with comment notifications. :)
  • tawny9753
    tawny9753 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like the quote in your ticker, how true. I might have to steal it!