Adding moderate amounts of wine to a healthy diet?

Options
Does anyone have any advice on how to continue to enjoy a glass or two of wine without overdoing it in the calorie counting?:brokenheart:

Replies

• ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Exercise!! But I wouldn't really drink more than the one glass every day.
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I enjoy my wine...but I overdo it :embarassed:

I just workout more :ohwell: :embarassed:

:bigsmile:

Actually from what I hear it is good to have a glass of wine a day. It is good for your heart. But if you can't just have one glass a day and you feel you overdo it, you may need to stay away from it. Only you can make that decision. :flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    How big of a glass are you talking about..:laugh:

The normal 3.5 ounce serving of most wine types is only 80 - 90 calories. That should fit into most anybody's daily goals. Or go walk for 15 minutes and make it fit.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options

Actually from what I hear it is good to have a glass of wine a day. It is good for your heart. But if you can't just have one glass a day and you feel you overdo it, you may need to stay away from it. Only you can make that decision. :flowerforyou:

I'm so in the same boat, I love beer and wine. I just have to exercise more to have it. Try running a half marathon with a wicked hangover, so not fun. Amazingly though, I only ran 2 mins slower overall than the first one I did w/o hangover.....
  • kellch
    Options

I'm so in the same boat, I love beer and wine. I just have to exercise more to have it. Try running a half marathon with a wicked hangover, so not fun. Amazingly though, I only ran 2 mins slower overall than the first one I did w/o hangover.....

I did TaeBo with a hangover :glasses: It was NOT pretty :embarassed:

:laugh:
  • kellch
    Options

The normal 3.5 ounce serving of most wine types is only 80 - 90 calories. That should fit into most anybody's daily goals. Or go walk for 15 minutes and make it fit.

3.5 ounces? :ohwell:

How bout a whole bottle in one sitting :bigsmile:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options

Just go for a REALLLLLLY long walk. Not a problem... If one glass is good for you, how GREAT is one bottle??? Just getting the benefits faster is all...
  • kellch
    Options

Just go for a REALLLLLLY long walk. Not a problem... If one glass is good for you, how GREAT is one bottle??? Just getting the benefits faster is all...

:laugh: :laugh:

That's my thought on the whole situation :smokin: