Motivation Needed!

Options
HI all
I am having a rough day/last couple days with the motivation to go to the gym and exercise. I really could use some motivation, help, motivational thoughts to help me get through the week and keep pushing on. I have lost 13 pounds in the last about month and a half and can see results but for some reason this week I have been really down and not motivated. I typically get up in the mornings around 5 and go to the gym for an hour and then go again after work, this week I have not been able to get up and go in the mornings which half way through the day makes me feel like complete crap.

Any thoughts, words of wisdom, helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• nmlt13
    nmlt13 Posts: 9
    Options
    First off, congrats on the 13 pounds lost! :) I totally understand how it feels to be unmotivated. Here a few quotes that I like and that I hope will help motivate you:

"Focus on how far you've come, not how far you have to go."

"This transformation isn’t a battle, it’s a war. It isn’t going to be over in just one week or a couple days. Each day is a new battle. And just because you lost a battle doesn’t mean you lost the war."

"Think of trying to push a car up a hill. If it slips a bit and you catch it and keep pushing, you haven't lost much. If it slips and you let it slide, you'll have to go back down the hill and start all over again. It's the same in weight loss. Accept the tiny slip and keep on pushing. Why climb the same hill twice?"
  • jessicagraves1212
    jessicagraves1212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I like those ones. They definitely help turn things into a positive
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Just know that we all go through this! The most important thing is to not let it get the best of you! If you do you will feel bad about yourself! Remember how hard you worked to get the weight off so far! Don't back track! You can do this! Maybe just take a rest day and then get your mind back on track. Remember how you want to feel and what you will look like if you stick to this! These days will either make or break you! Let it make you stronger!! Keep on fighting! This journey is a hard one but it's worth it! So stick in there!!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I fell off the wagon for about 6 months (I think the dang wagon ran me over) and now I am working to get back to where I was!! It is hard some days but you just have to tell yourself to suck it up and do it! Some days I feel like eating a whole box of thin mints.... But if I do all i am doing is failing myself! Stick with it and push through the bad days for YOU!!