Magic Bullet

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
I never endorse anything unless I truly believe in it but you MUST buy a magic bullet. I got the platinum series and it was worth every penny! It makes AMAZING breakfast smoothies. Right now I'm sipping on a watermelon, strawberry, white cranberry iced smoothie for a mere 74 calories that literally took me less than 2 minutes to make and I'm even drinking it in the cup I made it in.

Anyways just thought I would share some feedback on this wonderful product incase anybody was thinking of purchasing one.

If anybody has some recipes they would like to share using this, please let me know (I have the 101 cookbook, but sometimes the best recipes are the ones us consumers come up with).

Replies

• dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love my magic bullet too! I mostly use it for smoothies..... If I can think of any other fun things I have used it for, I will let you know. :happy:
  • REDSOXGIRL13
    Options
    I have one also... really great. we always make hummus in it... :bigsmile: I find that t is great for all sorts of dips and sauces! :drinker:
  • coachkathy
    coachkathy Posts: 35
    Options
    i don't have a magic bullet but a similar brand. I make Shakeology smoothies which are LOADED with good nutrition. Click on my profile & send me an email & I'll send you some info on it. :smile:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting one of these for years now. I'm such a sucker fo As Seen on TV items! I don't drink a lot of smoothies, so I was hoping it would be cool for making salsa or guac or used like a food processor etc. Hummus sounds like an awesome idea! I'm definitely interested in reviews of this product. Is it worth getting the actual Bullet brand, or is a cheap, imitation one just as good?
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I *HEART* my magic bullet!!!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have three of these. One for work, one for home and one for travel. Next to Lasik eye surgery, best invention ever ! :drinker:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    The thing about the Bullet - not sure if rip offs have the same thing - is you mix in the cup you drink out of, so there's not an extra thing to clean up. I use mine to grind spices, make smoothies, dips, milkshakes, etc. I love mine - I waited until I could get the actual thing, I couldn't find anything similiar with those features, so I had to save up - but it was well worth it. In fact my hubby used it last night to mix a sugar free Klondike bar (vanilla with chocolate coating) and fresh strawberries to make an awesome ice cream shake! ANd low cal!
  • tas3072
    tas3072 Posts: 4
    Options
    Only thing I have made with my bullet is hummus which works wonderful. I would love to have your recipe for your smoothie.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I love my magic bullet! I have a lot of protein smoothies so I use it every day. They're so portable and especially convenient when you need to take food to go. I also love that it takes up less than half the space of my toaster.
  • jljohnson
    Options
    You guys are convincing me more and more! Any other awesome things you whip up in your MB?
  • jdelisle
    Options
    I've been wanting one of these for years now. I'm such a sucker fo As Seen on TV items! I don't drink a lot of smoothies, so I was hoping it would be cool for making salsa or guac or used like a food processor etc. Hummus sounds like an awesome idea! I'm definitely interested in reviews of this product. Is it worth getting the actual Bullet brand, or is a cheap, imitation one just as good?

I had the cheap imitation brand from walmart that i received as a wedding gift and it was CRAP. I would def. not get anything but the magic bullet itself.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Go on eBay; that's where I got mine.

Salsa doesn't work out too well but it makes great guacamole and hummus. We also make sorbet for the boys (frozen fruit with some apple cider and milk ... more liquid makes a smoothie, less makes a sorbet) ... It minces fresh spices .. ginger, garlic, basil, etc. And it does wonders for vegan lasagna (hides the spinache really well, hehe).

Oh yeah, salad dressing!
  • dimplzz
    Options
    Oh ya, and when I called to order mine from the actual company, I asked if they could do free shipping and they said no but that they could give me $20 off the product. So, if you are going to buy right from the company ask for a discount! :happy:
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Only thing I have made with my bullet is hummus which works wonderful. I would love to have your recipe for your smoothie.

Its all experimentation! This morning I threw in 3/4 cup watermelon, 3 strawberries, a handful of ice cubes, and a splash of white cranberry juice and the result was only 74 calories! I never have time for a real breakfast (usually grab an oatmeal/cream of wheat/yogurt on the run) so this is really nice! Plus with summer... cool drinks are a must. I can't wait to try making an iced coffee.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Oh ya, and when I called to order mine from the actual company, I asked if they could do free shipping and they said no but that they could give me $20 off the product. So, if you are going to buy right from the company ask for a discount! :happy:

How much did you pay? I bought mine from Canadian Tire for $99 + tax.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Does it crush up ice for the smoothies?
  • jljohnson
    Options

I'm seeing them on Amazon right now for about $75.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but have been thinking about it so I can make real whipped cream (I'm no longer a fan of Cool Whip thanks to having my eyes opened by Dave!! :ohwell: ). How easy is it to make whipped cream?
  • dimplzz
    Options

On the website it says two for 99.99 plus 39.98 shipping. I think that they gave me $30 off but it could have been $40.. So I got two for right around $100. My sister wanted the other one so it worked out good.
  • dimplzz
    Options
    I don't have one but have been thinking about it so I can make real whipped cream (I'm no longer a fan of Cool Whip thanks to having my eyes opened by Dave!! :ohwell: ). How easy is it to make whipped cream?

SUPER easy!!! It works awesome for that.