100 Push Ups June

Options
keiko
keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
Hello to all those doing the challenge! I looked for a June thread but didn't see one. If there is one someone direct me there and ignore this one.

For anyone new this is an ongoing challenge you can join at anytime. We are all on different weeks, days, levels. The website is hundredpushups.com So come on and join us!

Hope everyone has a good June and Keep up your Push Ups:flowerforyou:

Replies

• keiko
    Options
    I was not around last week. I know, again. I was busy painting and was so sore from that I just could not think about push ups.
    Today was pretty hard. I had to take a break again in the last set. So I'll probably be here for a while till I build myself back up to were I was. But that's ok. Everyday that I do them I get stronger! and That's the whole point. Not just to say I could do 100. But that I am working my muscles.

today week 6, day 1, level 1
    :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    Good Morning! I'm just bumping this up:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Keiko!!!!!!!!!!!!

My personal instructor advised me to join you once again in this lovely challenge--

So, this day I have dutifully performed my girly pushups-- week one, level two, day one--

:heart: :heart: :heart: to my friend, Keiko!!!!!!
  • keiko
    Options
    YEAH! I was afraid I was going to be alone this month. Glad you came back:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    YEAH! I was afraid I was going to be alone this month. Glad you came back:flowerforyou:

keep her in line Keiko

she will slack off if you dont watch her close
  • Marla64
    Options

keep her in line Keiko

:grumble:
  • keiko
    Options

keep her in line Keiko

Welcome back Dave!
  • Marla64
    Options

keep her in line Keiko

Welcome back Dave!

For now, anyway-- :wink:
  • keiko
    Options
    Good Morning! I did week 6, day 2, level 1
    sets 1&2 14
    3&4 15
    5&6 14
    7&8 10
    9 at least 44. I made it to 44 but I again took a break. This time at 33. It was a 20sec break before finishing.

I'm feeling ok with the break. It's alot of pushups and I have taken a few weeks off.

Hope you all have a Happy Thursday:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Wow-- way impressive, my good woman--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just reading the 100 pushup challenge online and thinking I would give it a whirl. Are you doing push ups on your toes or on your knees? I did the test to determine my level. I can do 11 on my toes or 31 girly ones. Suggestions on which way to proceed?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Funny, I was just reading the 100 pushup challenge online and thinking I would give it a whirl. Are you doing push ups on your toes or on your knees? I did the test to determine my level. I can do 11 on my toes or 31 girly ones. Suggestions on which way to proceed?

I do the girly ones-- big boy ones hurt my back.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good evening Keiko--

Slacker?? Me? !!!

I think not-- pay no attention to that man behind the curtain--

I did my birthday pushups this day-- week one, level 2, day two--

• keiko
    Options
    Go Marla! Not even taking your birthday off. Some would use it as an excuse and then, well I know what happens for me. One day off easily leads to another. At least with these pushups.

Lori, Welcome to the challenge! It's really up to you which ones you do. I do girly because I couldn't really do any of the regular ones. Pretty sad but I'm progressing on the girly and will maybe try the regular ones later.

Today was week 6, day 3, level 1
    sets 1&2 13
    3&4 17
    5&6 16
    7&8 14
    9 at least 50. OK, I did 50 but yet again I needed a break.
    If I remember I'll test tomorrow. If not I'll just stay here another week.

Have a good weekend:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey PushUp Fans--

Week one in the bag, my fine friends--
    12-- woulda been more but Caleb started hitting me on the head yelling, "Up, up! Mama! Up!"
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I think I will start week 1 next week. I will try to do the ones on my toes, may have to switch off to girly ones if I can't hang with the amount I have to do. Also, can't decide to do these on days I already work my arms or to do it on an off day... but then that never gives arms a break. Oh, the decisions in life!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I'll join you....any rules, or is it just grunt out 100 pushups in the month of June however you can??
  • JDHINAZ
    Options
    Wait, that doesn' t make sense....I'm thinking it's 100 pushups a week. I'm so confused. Math is hard!
  • JDHINAZ
    Options
    Never mind, I actually READ the thread....went to the website....ok, got it. I'll start tomorrow.
  • Marla64
    Options
    hundredpushups.com

Welcome!!