lady runners, fat legs + shorts?

Options
2»

Replies

• kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    capri yoga pants, short but conforming so they don't ride up, they're also very flexible so you can do all you exercises in them, buy 5 pairs and just go!
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I just wear capris. I can't find shorts that don't ride up over my big ol' thighs. Between the bunching in the crotch and the searing pain of thighs rubbing together for miles on end... shorts are just not for me at this point.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I think capris and tank tops are you best option if you are really self conscious! Last time I ran in shorts I ended up chafing and it hurt really bad so the compression shorts under running shorts is an awesome idea. Happy trails! :)
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options

I tried the first link on yesterday! It wasn't pretty. :) I'm sure they'd look better on you though!! Okay, so I might just continue rocking my capri length tights…but I only have one (that I bought a few years ago!) and I'm afraid they might die soon. They are Calvin Klein, of all brands... Never would have guessed my favorite running tights would be CK instead of Nike or Adidas or something. So any ladies know of tights that go just over the calf? Also, if they have a good waistband for tummy jiggle, that would be an extra bonus!!

oh dear :sad: I was planning to go to the store today to try them on. Well there's always Capris i guess
  • kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    I got these, they work great, a little thin on the waist band tho so if you prefer a broader band then you might need something else

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E99ZW6/ref=oh_o01_s01_i00_details
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Running skirt!! They are fabulous. I got both mine from target. have a shorter compression short underneath to lesses chafing though I still apply body glide. Skirts are long enough to cover and most important THEY DON'T RIDE UP!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've always hated running shorts. Not necessarily because I hate how my legs look (I've accepted that they're just always going to be larger-looking and muscular), but because having thighs that rub together means that they ride up my crotch, no matter if they have built-in underwear or spandex. And my thighs have ALWAYS rubbed together, no matter how thin I got; I was a size 2, and they still rubbed together. And since I don't like spending my runs pulling shorts out of my butt, I don't buy them anymore.

I actually like the capris that cut off below the knees. I bought two pairs last week, and while my calves do look bigger because of it, I'd rather have my calves look bigger than material up my butt. I was wearing some yoga pants for the winter, but I was just getting too hot when it warmed up, so I'm opting for bigger-looking calves so I can be cooler. ;)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I like some loose fitting capris that I bought at target... They hit mid calf and are lightweight.

But let me just mention that I am SURE no one cares about your "thunder thighs" so just wear what's comfortable!!!! When you see a larger person run I'm sure you're not like "ew get in the house!!!!!" don't stress!!!!!! :):):)

I have a pair of the carpris as well and wore those a lot until I realized the people out running/walking their dog/strolling with their kids, didn't care what I was wearing. They were out doing their own thing, just like me!

So now I just run in whatever is comfortable. And even after three years of running I still have "heavy legs" (as my mom has called it) and probably always will. So for me, comfort is the key!