NinjaChickie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "If its important you'll find a way. If it isn't you'll find an excuse"

unknown to me.
  • nmlt13
    nmlt13 Posts: 9
    Options
    "Focus on how far you've come, not how far you have to go."

"This transformation isn’t a battle, it’s a war. It isn’t going to be over in just one week or a couple days. Each day is a new battle. And just because you lost a battle doesn’t mean you lost the war."

"Think of trying to push a car up a hill. If it slips a bit and you catch it and keep pushing, you haven't lost much. If it slips and you let it slide, you'll have to go back down the hill and start all over again. It's the same in weight loss. Accept the tiny slip and keep on pushing. Why climb the same hill twice?"
  • itorr3sreac
    Options
    Never doubt in your mind the power you hold in your heart. - My sister
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    Options
    "It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause. Who, at best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!" - Jillian Michaels
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    Options
    "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."

Lance Armstrong (my hero)
  • ajp913
    ajp913 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    "I guess if nobody ever gave up they wouldn't have anything to regret for the rest of their lives..."
    -Lance Armstrong, Dodgeball
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Never doubt in your mind the power you hold in your heart. - My sister
    nice:)
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    This is what I posted this morning for my friends to help them start the day:

There are so many people out there who will tell you that you can't. What you've got to do is turn around and say, "Watch me." ----author unknown.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    'The biggest tragedy in life isn't setting your goals too high and never reaching them, but rather setting them too low and never realising your full potential'
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” ~Robert J Collier
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Mark Twain: Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.

Julius Erving: If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end.

Jim Eason: If you want to look young and thin, hang around old fat people.

Unknown Author: Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.

Vince Lombardi: It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up.

Milton Garland: My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure.

Winston Churchill: Never, never, never, never give up.

Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi: Not to have control over the senses is like sailing in a rudderless ship, bound to break to pieces on coming in contact with the very first rock.

Horace: Rule your mind or it will rule you.

Ellen Degeneres: You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.

Benjamin Franklin: You may delay, but time will not.

David Viscott: You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.

Eleanor Roosevelt: You must do the thing you think you cannot do.

George Bernard Shaw: You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

Ralph Marston: Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.

George S. Patton: You're never beaten until you admit it.

Lee Iacocca: You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.

Unknown Author: You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Unknown Author: You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment.

Goethe: Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.

Jim Rohn: Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.

Thomas Fuller: That which is bitter to endure may be sweet to remember.

Samuel Johnson: The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.

Marvin Phillips: The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

Plato: The first and the best victory is to conquer self.

Vincent Lombardi: The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It's your mind you have to convince.

Leigh Hunt: The groundwork of all happiness is health.

Anthony Robbins: The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results.

Roger Bannister: The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win.

Author unknown: The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.

Thomas Jefferson: The sovereign invigorator of the body is exercise, and of all the exercises walking is the best.

Carl Sandburg: The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.

Harold Wilkins: The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist.

Heraclitus: There is nothing permanent except change.

Swedish Proverb: Those who wish to sing, always find a song.

Elie Wiesel: Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.

Martin Luther King, Jr.: We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.

Harriet Beecher Stowe: When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

Quintus Horatius Flaccus Horace: Who has courage to say no again and again to desires, to despise the objects of ambition, who is a whole in himself, smoothed and rounded.
  • mollyquewl
    Options
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key."
    Lyrics from Already Gone, performed by the Eagles

and

"You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one."
    Henry D. Thoreau
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    "don't tell me the the sky is the limit when there are foot prints on the moon"
    "sweat is fat crying"
    "just keep swimming" LOL
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    It WILL hurt. It WILL take time. It WILL require dedication. It WILL require willpower. You WILL need to make healthy decisions. It requires sacrafice. You will need to push your body to it's max. There WILL be temptation, but I promise you reach your GOAL it's WORTH IT! -unknown to me but I read this on a daily basis.
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Isn't always the best idea.... I mean, I take that literally... If someone says I can't smoke/drink/eat AND complete a 100mile cycle race, then I do that, why? Because I can and to show them it can be done, might not be fun, but I proved them wrong so screw them, that is what counts.

I just don't care, I will prove those wrong who say I am wrong, screw them! I am right, and I will prove them wrong, even if I do harm myself in process!
  • cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start."
    "It was being a runner that mattered, not how fast or how far I could run. The joy was in the act of running and in the journey, not in the destination."

~ John Bingham
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    "The more "buts", the bigger the BUTT"

"Whether it is a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, it is still a mile"

"Suck it up and one day you won't have to suck it in"

"Women are simply Angels and when someone breaks our wings we continue to fly..... on a broomstick. We're flexible like that"

"The voice in your head that says that you can't do this is a liar"

"Gain control: Lose weight. Lose control: Gain weight"

"I'm not losing weight. I"m getting rid of it. I have no intention of finding it again"

"Your body keeps the most accurate food diary"
  • srs88
    srs88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nothing works unless you do.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." - Eric Thomas
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I've been reading 7 Habits of Highly Successful People, by Stephen R. Covey. The principles are applicable to anything you want to apply them to - including weight loss. Here are some Stephen R. Covey quotes I love:

“But until a person can say deeply and honestly, "I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday," that person cannot say, "I choose otherwise.”

“To touch the soul of another human being is to walk on holy ground.”

“Start with the end in mind. ”

“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.”

“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.”

“You can't talk your way out of a problem you behaved your way into!”

“To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.”

“If I really want to improve my situation, I can work on the one thing over which I have control - myself.”

“If the ladder is not leaning against the right wall, every step we take just gets us to the wrong place faster.”

“The ability to subordinate an impulse to a value is the essence of the proactive person.”