hey everyone!

Options
New to myfitnesspal, but I've been struggling for over 10 years with my weight. I have a huge motivation problem, I start seeing results after about 2 weeks, then sabotage myself and stop altogether. Hopefully this will help me get on the right track. Falling off the wagon is not an option this time! I'm a turbo jammer and a P90X'er, and my husband bought this new fangled contraption called TRX. So I'm basically doing a mix of those 3 things and will stick with it! My husband and 2 friends of mine have started their own Biggest Loser phase, and I decided to join in to see how much I can lose in 90 days. The incentive is monetary, which is nice as well, but I'm looking more forward to the weight loss.
Any suggestions on how to stay the course, I'm all ears!

Replies

• Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Sticking to the weight loss is the biggest trouble spot for all of us. I find that when I start getting unmotivated, I start to fudge my numbers a bit on the food tracker. My trick this time around has been to log everything and stop cheating since I'm only cheating myself.

Also, my motivation is different this time around. Before it was just wanting to get skinnier and in better shape which was too broad for me. I needed to find a motivation that cemented a goal date and something more specific. Now when I feel myself starting to slip I look at reminders of why I'm losing the weight. I have pictures all over the place of Australia because I really want to enjoy my trip without having issues about my weight. I suggest finding a specific reason for your weight loss and put reminders all over the place.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • GuitarJohn
    GuitarJohn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    How is the TRX working out?
  • ellas00000
    Options
    Hang in there Girly!!! Beat the BOYS!!!