Everyone invited but The Boy

Options
2»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    When I was about 8, my girl scout leader and my mother didn't get along. The leader went so far as to "accidently" forgetting to send home paperwork for a camping trip, so I wouldn't be able to go. My mom called her out on it, and I ended up going. However, the leader was rude and mean to me the whole time, and I was stuck there. It was pretty horrible of her, but some people just aren't nice enough to treat the apple any different than the tree.

That is so bad, I'm sorry to hear that. I have a similar story. I don't think my troop leader liked me all that much. We had this "Olympics" day and everybody but me got a trophy and prize. I was really upset, but I didn't say anything until my dad until later. He was really mad about it and went off on her about how if you do something like that and give out prizes to everyone but one person it's unfair. It's still one of my favorite memories of being a kid - how my dad defended me!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    We all have people in our lives that we don't really like for one reason or another...that's fine...no one said you have to like everyone you meet. But to take that dislike out on a child is the epitome of pettiness. This woman was absent the day they passed out both common sense and compassion.

If you choose to say something I would advise a private conversation. I also agree with everyone who said plan a fun day for your son. I'm sure there's all kinds of stuff you all can do :flowerforyou:

P.S. that woman deserves a high five...to the face...with a chair
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    When I was about 8, my girl scout leader and my mother didn't get along. The leader went so far as to "accidently" forgetting to send home paperwork for a camping trip, so I wouldn't be able to go. My mom called her out on it, and I ended up going. However, the leader was rude and mean to me the whole time, and I was stuck there. It was pretty horrible of her, but some people just aren't nice enough to treat the apple any different than the tree.

That is so bad, I'm sorry to hear that. I have a similar story. I don't think my troop leader liked me all that much. We had this "Olympics" day and everybody but me got a trophy and prize. I was really upset, but I didn't say anything until my dad until later. He was really mad about it and went off on her about how if you do something like that and give out prizes to everyone but one person it's unfair. It's still one of my favorite memories of being a kid - how my dad defended me!

But, you were a girl, and that might backfire and lead to ridicule with a boy being defended by his momma.
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine why she wouldn't like my son or me. We rarely have any contact because she dumps her kid on anyone who will take him. I don't care much for her, but I am always nice to her son. Of course, he is more mature than his mother. We have plans Saturday night anyway and The Boy thinks egg hunts are for babies. It's just one more thing that makes me really glad I will only have to be leader for one more year. Maybe she's jealous because we do so much with our kids and have earned almost every badge already. Or maybe she's just a *kitten*! :laugh:
  • darrell62
    darrell62 Posts: 40
    Options
    42Kgirl
    Just let it go, it may be tough because as parents we want to protect our children, but just forget about it and enjoy the Easter weekend.
    By your child not being there, they are saved the bother of being exposed to this person and any crap they may puke out in front of the children who are there.

Not everyone in the world is nice, sounds like she falls in that catagory.
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Plan something SUPER fun and exciting for your son, so that when he finds out about it, tell him that was the day you were doing the fun thing. It'll make him feel better about it. As for her, I'd call her out on it in private. That's not right.