which food just grosses you out?

Options

Replies

• rmsturdy
    rmsturdy Posts: 73
    Options
    onions and bananas (I'm allergic to both) as well as lima beans (it's a consistency thing), celery (tastes like watery cardboard) and some of the crazy stuff my Japanese grandpa used to pay me to eat: crab brains, fish eyes etc. UGH.
  • InfiniteEcho
    InfiniteEcho Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bananas, peaches, oysters and any of those bugs they eat on those ridiculous reality shows....oh yeah, head cheese is quite disgusting!
  • Masachapa
    Masachapa Posts: 79
    Options
    All offal and haggis!!
  • gpierce11757
    Options
    LIMA BEANS
  • kibby12
    kibby12 Posts: 32
    Options
    Cooked spinach. I love it raw as a leafy green. But it is so nasty to me cooked. Also beets. You couldnt pay me to eat beets.

This, 1000%! I will down whole bunches of raw spinach, but give it to me cooked & I can hardly choke down a bite. & beets, ewwwwww!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Papaya smells like vomit to me...and the seeds inside looks like fish eggs. Ugh and grapefruit-love the smell though, weird.
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Sushi...can't do it. I've tried.
    Mushrooms...all soft and weird.
    Garlic. I love the flavor it provides in certain dishes and I know it's amazing for your health but if I can see a garlic chunk? Nope. No. Get it off my plate.
    Bratwurst. Disgusting! Give me a rot gut hot dog, please.
    Anything "salad" that's not actually a salad. i.e. potato salad, macaroni salad, etc. Nasty. It's so creamy and cold and foul.

As for the thing I eat that grosses people out - cottage cheese. LOVE IT and it's packed with protein. I've actually mixed it with tuna before in lieu of mayo. Sorry if that made you throw up in your mouth.
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Tripe (DISGUSTING), Sushi, Caviar, Oysters, Pork rinds, Cow tongue, mango, sauerkraut, and especially ASPIC (meat jelly).... ughhh
  • dizam
    dizam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Watermelon. I don't understand how anybody can eat the stuff, it's disgusting.
  • ProudMomToTwo
    ProudMomToTwo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Pears
    Okra
    Brussels Sprouts
    Cooked Spinach
    Liver (or any organ meat for that matter)
    Red meat that is still bloody - ICK
    Lobster
    Beets
    Anything out of a can (only fresh or frozen for me!!)
    Oysters and any RAW fish/seafood
    Passion Fruits ( allergy )
    Jell-O ( i can make it but i can't eat it - never could )
    Real Mayonnaise
    Tapioca
    Grits
    Honeydew melon
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    oh, and Jell-o

Totally agree! The texture...I just can't. I try everything, but brain and liver are things I would not attempt again. Also, not a food per say but anything from Kentucky Fried Chicken or Taco Bell just freaks me out: I don't get how it can look yummy when all I see is fat dipped or wrapped in more fat.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    pickles, steak, and chewing gum.
  • KatyBugs1724
    Options
    mushrooms
    ANYthing potato (even yes, french fries!)
    meat of unknown origin
    anything with an ingredients list that takes more than a couple seconds to read freaks me out
    mayo
    pudding
    most bread...its just too goddam airy! the texture is bleghhhh
    anything with a gooey texture or bready texture or potato-y texture!!! with potatoes I feel like im sinking my teeth into sweaters or something!:sick:
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Caviar and Peas.
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    Weird body part foods: testicals, frog legs, pig feet, cow tongue, etc. Bah!
  • seizethefray
    Options
    anything with a gooey texture or bready texture or potato-y texture!!! with potatoes I feel like im sinking my teeth into sweaters or something!:sick:

That ish has me cracking up!! Sweaters?? I looooove potatoes. In any form. Like Forrest Gump and his shrimp: potato soup, mashed potatoes, french fries, hash browns, twice baked potatoes, potato stew... lol
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Pears
    Okra
    Brussels Sprouts
    Cooked Spinach
    Liver (or any organ meat for that matter)
    Red meat that is still bloody - ICK
    Lobster
    Beets
    Anything out of a can (only fresh or frozen for me!!)
    Oysters and any RAW fish/seafood
    Passion Fruits ( allergy )
    Jell-O ( i can make it but i can't eat it - never could )
    Real Mayonnaise
    Tapioca
    Grits
    Honeydew melon

Tapioca is HORRIBLE!!! I can't believe I forgot that on mine! lol
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    cottage cheese. i know how good it is for you but i just cant do it! oh, and olives! eew gross!!!!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    1) Offal of any kind (organ meats)
    2) Caviar
    3) Fish and most seafood.
    4) Avocado
    5) I am sure there are many other ones. I am a very picky eater.
  • Captian_Dathon
    Options
    How do you spell it...

Sauerkraut