Eating after Exercising?

Options
Is this ok to do? I'm going to the gym at 4pm and working out for an hour or so, and then I'm supposed to go to my grandparents for dinner. I'm concerned that if I eat I will undo all of the hard work. What's your outlook on things?

Replies

• spjpatel
    spjpatel Posts: 5
    Options
    From what i hear they say to eat recovery foods. So if you did strenght training then you need protein foods that is light not heavy. If you did just cardo then anything with antioxidents and protein will do.....hope that helps

julie
  • Cariñosita
    Cariñosita Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've heard that it's better to eat after a workout because your metabolism is higher so you burn more calories. I can't say if it's true or not, but that's what I've read. Either way, it's not going to make that much of a difference. Enjoy yourself.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ditto the "recovery foods' comment. Additionally, increase your water intake. You will need to replenish your fluids and you don't want to mistake hunger for thirst. Enjoy your dinner !!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I get up every morning, do 1/2 hour of cardio, grab a shower and then have a bowl of cereal, some 2% and fruit. Hasn't hurt me yet, and I'm doing fine on the weight. :bigsmile: