During "Pink Box" time

Options
How does everyone handle their eating while it is "pink box" week? I am finding it hard to be good. Please help. What can i do to stop this before it gets out of control?!

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    there are a lot of places you can find substitue craving recipes. Like if i want chocolate ice cream during that time, i found a good recipe for high protien low fat ricotta cheese with baking chocolate and splenda that satisfies. If i want french fries, I bake the fries myself instead of fried fast food ones, and use seasoning salt. There are a lot of sites out there you can find good substitute recipes, like hungry-girl.com. LOVE HER and her substitutions.
  • Beccababe01
    Options
    Thanks i will have to take a look at that! ..
  • Cat_from_Chicago
    Cat_from_Chicago Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to these responses because my skin breaks out (look terrible) meanwhile I feel terrible & sweets (chocolate especially) is the only thing that soothes me.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    pink box? when did we start using that term? sheesh.
  • bethelcheryl
    bethelcheryl Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    First I heard it called "pink box" too
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    "Pink Box" Lol! - man do I feel old..........:bigsmile:
  • Beccababe01
    Options
    That is just what i call it b/c i don't like the term period. Or do you want me to call it RED RIVER? i guess i know now not to ask for advise about certain things. Thanks :smile:
  • janet6567
    janet6567 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have been appalled at some of the responses people are making to posts. Some of you just made fun of this young lady for using a term "pink box week" instead of "having a period". . .seriously, aren't we all here to support each other. I saw a similar group of responses on another link, making light of a person's problems with depression. I'm here to lose weight and hope to be supportive of others as well as receive some support. Beccababe01, I love your term, PINK BOX WEEK! I'm so sorfy a few people have given you a hard time about your choice of terminology instead of trying to be helpful.
  • bethelcheryl
    Options
    I don't think anyone is making fun of the OP. My thought when I saw that term was "boy, I am out of the loop." I was just curious whether this is a common term or not. If I had any advice for the OP, I would have offered it.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I didn't see anyone being mean, I just saw people commenting that they hadn't heard the term "pink box". I haven't heard it either, and tbh I think it's a bit icky. But to answer the question... It is a tough time to be motivated, especially if you get cramps or sickness. Just do the best you can and don't beat yourself up if it's not your most successful week.
  • bethelcheryl
    Options
    I kind of like Pink Box. Better than "on the rag."
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I kind of like Pink Box. Better than "on the rag."

Eew, on the rag is the worst! It's what boys used to call it when I was at school.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've seen it call TOM most of the time on here.
    Maybe I'm just a luck person that doesn't get much for symptoms or cravings. I just stick with ibuprofen for the cramps and keep on keeping on. I'd allow myself to indulge moderately to prevent a total binge.
  • lisasjen
    lisasjen Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm so dumb I thought you were talking about Easter at first:) I recommend maybe sugar free pudding prepared with skim milk and swirled with FF or SF cool whip. Or healthy choice fudgsicle dipped in whip cream. That's SO GOOD!!!!!
    How does everyone handle their eating while it is "pink box" week? I am finding it hard to be good. Please help. What can i do to stop this before it gets out of control?!
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    If sweets are your thing, as are mine, opt for some lower cal per serving sweets. :happy: www.skinnytaste.com has some pretty yummy looking options. I also found a low-cal version of tiramisu, haven't tried it yet but I'm planning on breaking it out on my next "pink box" week. Love that term by the way, discreet and super cute! :bigsmile:

EDIT: Forgot to put the link for the tiramisu lol: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/baby-tiramisu

EDIT AGAIN: Lol! I have also heard that the Weight Watchers Ice Cream bars are low cal and super yummy! :love:
  • kateva143
    kateva143 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Haha@ lisasjen, me too!!!!
  • jreed1920
    jreed1920 Posts: 123
    Options
    I usually crave salty stuff so I just work a serving or 2 of chips into my weekly calories. For sweets I recently found Adonia Greek Frozen Yogurt bars 75 calories and they taste amazing.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    That is just what i call it b/c i don't like the term period. Or do you want me to call it RED RIVER? i guess i know now not to ask for advise about certain things. Thanks :smile:

Well, I am certainly sorry if I offended you.............anyone that truly knows me knows that I am not a mean person. I am 48 years old and never had heard that before. It struck me funny.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Shhhhhhh.....Her special friend has come for a visit!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I thought all boxes were pink?