Substitutes for oats and tuna?

Options
Hey MFPeeps! My trainer has changed up my diet this week and has me doing a cycle of high carb day, low carb day, no carb day. But I need substitutes for oats and canned tuna. Can't stomach either!?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Try replacing oats with bran and canned tuna with fresh fish (e.g. microwavable frozen fish fillets - no batter or crumbs, though!).
    If you don't like cereals at all, you could replace the oats with wholegrain bread and the fish with steamed chicken, but neither would be quite as good.
  • 51powerski
    51powerski Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey MFPeeps! My trainer has changed up my diet this week and has me doing a cycle of high carb day, low carb day, no carb day. But I need substitutes for oats and canned tuna. Can't stomach either!?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!

Two of the most awesome foods ever? My thought is you should listen to your trainer and chow them down. :)

Do you mix anything with your oats? I sprinkle some nuts and blueberries in with them as I find porridge a bit dull on its own. Dunno if that helps.
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I know. I know. Two of the healthy foods, right? I could probably choke down the tuna. But oatmeal is out completely. :( My mother made me eat it as a child until I puked. :(
  • skichick1968
    Options
    Try quinoa - it would be a low carb alternative. Google how to cook. It's yummy!