nursing mommies???

Options
Ok so I am currently trying to lose baby weight, my daughter is now 5 months old and my weight is not budging. Apparently you burn 500 cal nursing, plus i use the eliptical daily, strength training, eat balanced, clean and cook all day, this nothing.

Anyone else experiencing or maybe has experienced this with some tips?

This is my second child, with my first i lost about 70 pounds after but was not nursing.

Replies

• lizaboots
    lizaboots Posts: 43
    Options
    Hello! My son is almost 16 months and I'm not nursing him any more, but I nursed him until he was a year old.

What I found was that the nursing really helped to shrink my uterus back down quickly and to lose my pregnancy weight. I was 5 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight within 3 weeks of giving birth (I gained 33 pounds during my pregnancy).

I eventually did get about 2 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight, but my weight WOULD NOT budge any more than that. I was working out, but as you know nursing makes you eat like a horse so I'm sure that's why I didn't lose. I was told to eat at least 2,000 calories a day to keep up my milk supply, more on the days that I exercised.

Since I stopped nursing and started working out heavily and cutting calories, I've lost 31 pounds- but like I said I didn't start dropping until my son was completely weaned.

My friend nursed and the weight just kept falling off of her but I wasn't so lucky. Just focus on being healthy and you might just drop weight! You are doing something amazing for your baby and I commend you for that!
  • iluvrp
    iluvrp Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you this helped XD