How much do you want to lose?

Options

Replies

• cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have lost 33 lbs and would like to lose another 95 lbs. My dream goal date is May 2013 when my son graduates from college. (It's sad to think I've been battling this weight issue since he was in KINDERGARTEN!)

I think I can do it this time I joined MFP a year or so ago but didn't stick with it. This year, I'm logging my food and although I seem to be battling the same 3-5 lbs, this week I made a breakthrough and I feel I'm ready to start losing again.
  • HBL2012
    HBL2012 Posts: 31
    Options
    Not sure in pounds but in kg (im from new zealand) I want to lose 40kg.. Hmm I 'think' thats just under 90lbs
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    That's the million dollar question for me. I have lost 176 and am at 200. The "charts" still consider me obese & say I should weigh 145 (at 5'8 I think I would look anoerexic). My "fat" doctor has my goal at 180. My GP and my plastic surgeon have both advised me independent of one another that I need to stop losing weight. My plastic surgeon told me I have 40 plus pounds of skin that needs to be removed. You can't diet or exercise that away. The only way to get rid of it is surgery. So I'm 200. Am I done? :drinker:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    20 more off by June... but I may be pushing it... :P
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    60lbs whenever is good for me.. basically i want to continously lose till im a healthy weight w/out plateauING .. wish me luck on that! :D
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Started at 227.
    GW is 135 lbs UGW is 115.
    Currently at 182.6
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That's the million dollar question for me. I have lost 176 and am at 200. The "charts" still consider me obese & say I should weigh 145 (at 5'8 I think I would look anoerexic). My "fat" doctor has my goal at 180. My GP and my plastic surgeon have both advised me independent of one another that I need to stop losing weight. My plastic surgeon told me I have 40 plus pounds of skin that needs to be removed. You can't diet or exercise that away. The only way to get rid of it is surgery. So I'm 200. Am I done? :drinker:

Wow this is remarkable!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 30 more pounds by Aug...I know I can do it!
  • tanyaleighcummings
    Options
    At 5 ft 8 I'd like to drop down to 164.4

Great start but I know this will slow down...so no timeline for me. Let's see where I am at in 6 weeks. :-)
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats!!! I would talk to your doctor and get an opinion from that person too. I would say if there is 40lbs of skin and you want to be around 180 and are at 200 now, then I would think I would want to get the surgery. Surgery is scary though. If and when you do have surgery, just make sure you take car of your body and let it heal COMPLETELY before any exercising, just focus on eating right b/c I hear about too many ppl getting infections and it's just sad b/c it sets ppl back a whole lot and leaves bigger scars and makes you tired and sick. But make sure you talk to your main doctor, but also other surgeons and doctors. don't just get one or two opinions :) good luck!!!
  • brittanylock09
    Options

First off, congrats!!! I would talk to your doctor and get an opinion from that person too. I would say if there is 40lbs of skin and you want to be around 180 and are at 200 now, then I would think I would want to get the surgery. Surgery is scary though. If and when you do have surgery, just make sure you take car of your body and let it heal COMPLETELY before any exercising, just focus on eating right b/c I hear about too many ppl getting infections and it's just sad b/c it sets ppl back a whole lot and leaves bigger scars and makes you tired and sick. But make sure you talk to your main doctor, but also other surgeons and doctors. don't just get one or two opinions :) good luck!!!

And I think being 160 then toning up would look great on someone who is 5'8"! :)
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Short term goal....195 by May 19, currently 207. Date not specific to an event.
    Long term goal.....182. End of my weight loss journey totaling 60lbs and, oddly enough, the beginning of a bulk cycle.
    Next, who knows...more mirrors.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    35 more and then I will reevaluate
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I wanna be 220 by the time my birthday rolls around (may 18) so about 20 pounds. I wanna be 180 final so 61 more pounds. ALMSOT HALF WAY!
  • brittanylock09
    Options
    I plan to lose a total of 90-something lbs (103 lbs from my highest weight though) I want to lose it all by my wedding in September of 2013 :D
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    100 plus but 70 by sept
  • GloriaPenguin
    Options
    18 pounds by July... but I'll settle for 11 pounds or anything more than that :)
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving myself a deadline as long as I'm losing. :)
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 30 by my 30th (October), and my overall goal is about 70-80lbs.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I want to reach a total loss of 61 pounds by summer- any time in summer is fine, thanks. Technically it starts June 4 for me, as I'm a teacher, but July 4 is an acceptable end date for this venture as well.