If I eat late around 12 or 1 am. What day is that considerd?

Options
So I ate right now, Its 12:58am April, 6th (mini burgers...oops couldnt help my self lol) should i log it for the 5th? or would it be breakfasst for the 6th? I get confused sometimes because wen i go to a club or bar on th weekends i leave the club and then we go eat like at 4 or 5am now thats considerd breakfast right>?

Replies

• ocylott
    ocylott Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't think it really matters as long as you're consistent with the way you deal with it. Make a hard and fast rule for yourself. I usually eat something after my late night workout, and have decided to record it as breakfast instead of as a snack. But since I do that every day, the calorie count works out to be the same.
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I work graveyard...my day starts at 5pm......everything is logged from the time I wake up to the time I got to sleep. That is my "day". I would say a late night snack is logged for that day.
  • bekahl
    bekahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    When I'm on night shifts and I eat something around 4 in a morning I log it as breakfast for that actual day. Then when I get out of bed later at around 4pm I log that as lunch and then my dinner will be around 9pm
  • danielleburwell97060
    Options
    As long as you stick with one method it's fine. I quite frequently stay up past midnight and I log post midnight food and activities in the same day I'd been logging in.

My fiance however works graves (10 pm to 6 am and then sleeps till like 3 pm) so he finds it works better for him to log midnight to midnight.
  • Kellllog
    Kellllog Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I always log by "waking period"; i.e. if I pull an all nighter then I count everything as part of the day I started (not just on here but in general - that was how we completed time sheets for a job I used to have and it just kinda stuck.)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So I ate right now, Its 12:58am April, 6th (mini burgers...oops couldnt help my self lol) should i log it for the 5th? or would it be breakfasst for the 6th? I get confused sometimes because wen i go to a club or bar on th weekends i leave the club and then we go eat like at 4 or 5am now thats considerd breakfast right>?

I would log it as the 5th April, because although it is actually the 6th, you haven't been to bed yet and you are still living in your previous day.

Regarding when you go for your eats after a club, yes in that case, it is breakfast IMO.
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's all a weekly averages thing anyhow I guess, so I think that it probably doesn't matter.
    I try to maintain my calories within a 24hr period just because I like a tidy graph :) (OCD? -me?)
    But really it's whatever works for you!