ground chicken

Options
kbrownie
kbrownie Posts: 10 Member
Hey does anyone have any low cal, good receipes for ground chicken?
thx!! good luck to everyone!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• verykristin
    Options
    I make pasta sauce out of it, sauteing the chicken with a little fresh onion, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, and basil. Add some stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, an thin it out with a little chicken broth and it is delish and low cal. Because the ground chicken makes it so hearty, you don't need much pasta. :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Check the label on ground chicken. I've heard that it's made with the skin so can still be high in cals.

Ground turkey is good for making tacos! :smile:
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Lettuce Wraps!

I marinate my ground chicken in soy sauce, a small amount of
    sesame oil, minced garlic and oyster sauce. I fry that up and then
    add a couple of tablespoons of chunky peanut butter. Once the mixture
    is cooled for just a few minutes, I spoon some into lettuce leaves,
    add some fresh green onion, Hoisin Sauce & chili oil. Roll up & Voila!
    Sometimes I'll add chopped water chesnuts too - for a nice cruch.

Delicious!!!!! :love:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Chili is great - substitute the chicken for the beef!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Lettuce Wraps!

I marinate my ground chicken in soy sauce, a small amount of
    sesame oil, minced garlic and oyster sauce. I fry that up and then
    add a couple of tablespoons of chunky peanut butter. Once the mixture
    is cooled for just a few minutes, I spoon some into lettuce leaves,
    add some fresh green onion, Hoisin Sauce & chili oil. Roll up & Voila!
    Sometimes I'll add chopped water chesnuts too - for a nice cruch.

Delicious!!!!! :love:

YUM!!!! :love:
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I normally use ground turkey because I think it cooks up better but we always make turkey chili, turkey tacos/burritos, turkey spaghetti, anything you put beef in you can do ground chicken or turkey. Just get creative and you'll come up with some really great calories. The ground breast is better than the normal ground stuff - FYI.
  • aos213
    aos213 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I make ground chicken taco salads!

just sautee the chicken with low sodium taco seasoning

put chicken into a bowl with whole grain/baked tortilla chips, chopped tomatos, iceberg lettuce, onions, and low fat ranch..
    it sounds weird but its delicious!
  • rabbit45
    rabbit45 Posts: 36
    Options
    we LOVE ground chicken for burritos... but we also make enchiladas - cook gound chicken with seasoning (or we have also used the cut up cooked chicken strips), wrap in a tortilla with whatever else you like (we usually do black beans and a few veggies), bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes. Add low fat cheese to top, bake until bubbly, add shredded lettuce or fresh salsa to top and yum!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    A biggest looser recepie!:bigsmile:

1 pound groung turkey (or chicken
    1 small can reen chilies(dices)
    1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper
    Mix
    make burgers out of it and GRILL BABY!!!!!!!!
    YUmmY (and to add a little KICK I squeezed a little lemon on them)
    Im In love!!!!!
  • Isaacsmama
    Isaacsmama Posts: 43
    Options
    I love to make burgers outta it. I always add different ingredients, but 3 things i always use: worchestershire sauce, minced raw onion, and 1 egg (or egg white). The W sauce makes it meatier tasting, the onion keeps it juicy, and the egg helps hold it together since its not usually as firm as beef. Some favorite add ins are spinach and fetta, all sorts of spices, peppers, roasted garlic, chunks of tomatoes, almost anything. Once, ill admit, I made bacon ranch burgers using dry ranch mix, crumbled bacon, and hot sauce. And a kudos to the lettuce wrap idea, it works great for chicken burgers too. Especialy if you want to feel less guilty about a little bacon. :smile: if ur up for it, you might try seafood burgers using shrimp, lobster, and scallops. u can make them, and ur own (skin free) ground chicken by cutting them into small chunks and lightly pulsing them in a food processor. Just dont do too much at a time or over pulse.
  • crazytxgran
    Options
    From the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook

BBQ BACON MEAT LOAF

olive oil spray 4 slices extra-lean turkey bacon, chopped
  • crazytxgran
    Options
    From the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook

BBQ-BACON MEAT LOAF
    olive oil spray 1. c chopped red onion 4 slices extra lean turkey bacon, chopped

2/3 c. old fashioned oats 1/2 c fat free milk 1 pound extra lean ground chicken breast

1 clove frest garlic, minced

2 large egg whites, lightly beaten 1 t. Worcestershire sauce 1/8 t. salt 1/3 c. barbecue sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9"x5"x3" nonstick loaf pan with the olive oil spray.

Place medium skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly mist pan iwth olive oil spray. Add onion & bacon stirring for 6-8 mins or until onion is tender and just barely starting to brown and the bacon is crisped. Remove the pan and allow mixture to cool.

Combine the oats and milk in a medium mixing bowl and stir to mix. Let the mixture stand for 3 mins or until oats begin to soften. Add cooled onion and bacon mixture, the chicken, egg whites, garlic, Worchestershire sauce and salt. With a fork, mix till combined.

Transfer mixture to prepared pan and spread so the top is flat. Spread the barbecue sause evenly over the top. Bake 35- 40 mins. Let set for 10 mins before cutting into 8 slices to serve. Makes 4 servings.

Per serving: 258 calories, 35g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, 76 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 529 mg sodium.

My husband does NOT like meat loaf nor will he eat onions; doesn't like spices in general.. I also cooked my bacon in the microwave. I made this with ground turkey breast, powdered garlic and onion powder and he loved it. Even went back for seconds!
  • Tere07
    Tere07 Posts: 46
    Options
    I would suggest using ground lean turkey instead of ground chicken if you are watching fat content. I would use it in replace of any meat I cook like in stir fry.

Here is what I use when I make Ground turkey stir fry:

2 med size Zucchini sliced
    5 pcs mushrooms, sliced
    1/2 small onion, sliced
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1/2 lb Ground turkey
    salt n pepper to taste
    1 T soy sauce
    1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
    1/2 tsp sugar or 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
    1 Tbsp olive oil

Steps:
    Heat pan and add oil. Saute garlic and onions. Add turkey and season with salt n pepper. Cook until almost done. Add the rest of the veggies, and soy, fish sauce and sugar. mix well and cook until tender. Serve w/ rice.