This is Holly....

Hi I am a 26 year old female, and I never use to struggle with weight intill now that im on an anti depressant medication. really is terrible. I use to weigh 107 and now I weight 165. No lie, and it has impacted me on my life tremondously. I wish I was back to my original weight, but it just is not so. It is like fighting with fire. The more I work out I see nothing happening. Even when I work so hard that I cannot anymore, and I watch what I eat. I know my metabolism is slower now on the medication, which does make it harder, but I am planning on getting off the medication celexa to see how I do off them. By doing that I know I will lose 30 pounds easy. I have been on medication before like birth control pills, which they messed me up for life, and they are the reason why I am on these anti depressants. Long story that I am sure no body want to hear or care about anyways, but if I lose the 30 pounds getting off the anti depressant. I am sure my metabolism be a lot faster and be a lot easier to lose the weight and working out wont be as hard as it is now, because it be extra weight off my body which, would be a blessing. Well if anyone wants to comment, or talk or anything else. Feel free to write me, and thanks for listening to what I had to write. It is truly appreciated.

Replies

• BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Dont be discouraged, I too am on Celexa 20mg which is the smallest dose, which I have a week ago dropped down to 10mg daily. I want to get off of it but it helped me I have PTSD from a life threatening health crisis. My metabolism is slow the only good thing is I can keep size of muscle better but I am confusing my metabolism by changing calories every 2days. Be encouraged things will get better!
  • Mssmoke27
    Mssmoke27 Posts: 12
    wow im not alone, and others are like me in some ways. this is good to know and makes me feel a little better. wish i could get off mine quick, but you have to slowly get off of them, which is annoying, but have to do it so you do not go looney lol what health issue you have hun?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    From one Holly to another, hello and welcome :)
  • JenSkinLaPierre
    JenSkinLaPierre Posts: 54 Member
    Hi Holly. I take Celexa as well but don't plan to get of it. (I need it for anxiety).... but I am losing (slowly, but surely). Hang in there ... and if you need a friend -- add me. We're all in this together!! :)
  • Mssmoke27
    Mssmoke27 Posts: 12
    To determind but: Thank you for welcoming me. That's cool your name is holly to lol ......I don't ever hear it often. To jenskinlapier........Sorry you have anxiety. I do to. Panic attacks and more. Long story of why I had to get on them, but it was the worst experience in my life. That's great your losing weight. Slowly stinks, but it's better then not losing. But sure a friend is what I need. I will most definitely add you.