Question

Options
I am new to this and was wondering if anyone could tell me if you go over your total fat calories like 17, is that bad? Can someone explain this to me??:mad:

Replies

• stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

It takes 3500 calories to make a pound, so, no, 17 fat calories over won't cause the world to stop or anything like that.

Since you're new to this whole experience, it may be a good idea to just get into the habit of logging all your food and exercise for a week or two before you start worrying too much about where you're over. After about a week or two, you can start to look for patterns and then decide where and how you should attack your overages. And, if you need help with that, you can definitely ask and there will be tons of advice that will come pouring out.

I hope this helps! :smile:

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Laura817
    Laura817 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you sooo much!! This gives me a great start! :heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    are you talking about GRAMS of fat? being 17 over in grams of fat won't cause weight gain if you're still under or at your goal in calories, but it does suggest that your macronutrient intake is not balanced. Try to lessen fatty foods and replace them with higher protein/ carb foods to balance things out a little. Unless, that is, you are doing a higher fat diet for a reason, in which case ignore me.
  • Laura817
    Laura817 Posts: 29
    Options
    I will have have to try that