Hello, thanks in advance for all the help!

Options
I can't wait to get started! I've figured out how to stop gaining weight, but I didn't figure it out until I was 35 pounds heavier than I wanted to be! Oops! I'm in the travel industry and looking for people with tips on how they eat on the road... you know, with lots of time on airplanes, in hotels and airports with no fridge or microwave to be found for several days in a row. Also I'm looking for people with skinny significant others who can (and do!) eat whatever they want in front of you. How do I get them to be more supportive!! AAHHH!

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmm, the travel thing is a toughie huh? I would say just try to learn how to spot the healthier alternatives. Maybe check the websites out for the common establishments you find in the airports and see what the calorie count is for items and maybe carry a small notebook with the good choices. The fast food type places, I mean.

I usually go for a sandwich with bread, turkey, lettuce and tomato (if it's a quickie mart type place), sometimes taking the cheese off, sometimes not, depending on the day.

Salads with grilled chicken and tons of veggies (but not cheeses, croutons, etc) is good with a lighter dressing.

Carrying your own "stand bys" like maybe ready to drink protein shakes, Kashi bars, fruit and whole-grain crackers is good in a pinch. And peanut butter keeps well and is filling as well as almonds, etc.

And as far as the significant other...my hubby is almost 6'4" and THIN! So, I understand completely. I just learned a new way to cook and eat and he often wants what I have because it's so good!! :laugh: :laugh: So, I guess being creative in the kitchen and the foods you have around can help.

Anyway, welcome and best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • mother23ts
    mother23ts Posts: 70
    Options
    I work for an airline and fly a lot. What I have learned that has really helped me is to pack my own airplane snacks. No I dont mean only 100 cal snacks. Other things too that are healthy but not necessarily fat free. Portion control. I take the little snack sandwich bags and individualize my snacks. 1 serving of cheezits. 1 serving of cahews. That always helps. Good luck:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: