running shoes

Options
I want to start running and I need to know what are the best running shoes?

Replies

• chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Depends on your type of arch in your foot and the angle your foot hits the ground. Your best bet is to go to a runningworld type store and have them fit you.
  • stownes66
    stownes66 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Depends on your type of arch in your foot and the angle your foot hits the ground. Your best bet is to go to a runningworld type store and have them fit you.

This.
    .... However, my running has much improved after switching to a minimal shoe and changing my stride, not something that was addressed when I was fitted for my previous traditional and $$ shoes.
  • rockstargal629
    Options
    I agree, visiting a running store and having your stride analyzed is the best way to start. And then you should decide if you would prefer a more minimalist shoe or a traditional cushioned shoe. For me, a cushioned shoe worked best because I have a lot of joint issues in my ankles, knees and hips. I personally love the Brooks Glycerin. I've worn other Brooks and Nike's, New Balance, etc etc. Nothing has compared to my Brooks Glycerins. But again it all depends on your preferences, your stride, your needs, etc. Best to talk to the experts and actually try some shoes on! I knew the Glycerins were the ones for me when I put them on and felt like I had an actual spring in my step.