Need advice. Please!

Options
Hello all :)
I was at the gym last night and was on the treadmill for about 30 minutes. I noticed that whenever I would try to go past 3.5 (My highest is usually 4.7), my ankles would start to hurt like HELL. I have extremely skinny ankles, you can see from the picture that I have up. I wonder if I'm too heavy for that type of running or if I may need better shoes, or if I run weird? I want to be able to run on the treadmill, comfortably. Please help! :frown:

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It probably has something t do with your shoes. I had bought a new pair of running shoes and after one use I had very sore ankles, I bought some inserts because the arch support was not enough in these shoes and I haven't had a problem since. You could always go to a store and get fitted for a pair....Feet Fleet is one we have here.

Won't hurt to have a great pair of shoes. :)
  • m3talmalitia
    Options
    Until pay day, I think I'll wear my arch supports to the gym. Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Add orthotics or strengthen the joint... Doesn't strengthening sound better to you? It might be time to go to an actual running store and have them check your form.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Also, I think running shoes are supposed to be replaced every 300-400 miles. Can probably be extended a couple 100 based on the intensity of use. That might help (including supports), if you've had your shoes for a long while.