New here--200+ to lose

Options
Hi everyone! I just signed up yesterday and I'm addicted to this site already! I have 200 pounds to lose and this time I am going to do it! I am a vegetarian and I am making sure I get good protein at each meal. I am also eating low carb, low fat and no sugar.

Add me as a friend! Having others in the same boat keep me motivated! : )

Replies

• TeriAnn3
    TeriAnn3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am new here I just singed up I have Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis, I need to start exercising more and too get to a healthy weight. Its very hard to do this because I have so much pain all the time. I know the more I do exercise the better I will feel only thing is every time I try my ankle or leg (where I broke my foot) swells up so bad I have a hard time. But I am going to do this hoping to get support from others to help keep me on track with my goals ,Thanks . TeriAnn :D
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Want to add that I have been doing the Leslie Sansone walk at home dvd for the past 13 days straight!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Hi, you are welcomed to add me. :) I am also a vegetarian mom. :)
  • MrsT9217
    MrsT9217 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I barely followed anything the first week and I lost a pound... last week was the first week that I really made sure I logged everything and became truly obsessed with this site and I weighed in this morning (couldn't wait till my regular weigh in day) and I lost 4lbs!! I can't believe how motivating this site is!! I have a lot to lose and love to support you along the way! Add me!
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 200+ to lose also. Let's do it!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie too and I lost 54lbs! Feel free to add me for some food ideas :)

In my opinion, it is totally unnessasary to go low-carb, low fat or 'no' sugar...and a combination of all three is doomed for failure!

It is very possible to lose weight without sacrificing your favourite foods and without skimping on taste...fads never work long term and this diet is not one you could maintain for life :)

If you are 200lbs overweight, you could very well eat 2000 calories of solid, healthy, BALANCED meals a day and lose weight at a fast pace.

My one tip is to lose it slowly and steadily and to take baby steps to change your whole lifestyle...my skin stayed firm as a result of doing this and I was left with no saggy skin, same as many other myfitnesspal members :smile:

Best of luck on your journey to health! xxxxxx
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie too and I lost 54lbs! Feel free to add me for some food ideas :)

In my opinion, it is totally unnessasary to go low-carb, low fat or 'no' sugar...and a combination of all three is doomed for failure!

It is very possible to lose weight without sacrificing your favourite foods and without skimping on taste...fads never work long term and this diet is not one you could maintain for life :)

If you are 200lbs overweight, you could very well eat 2000 calories of solid, healthy, BALANCED meals a day and lose weight at a fast pace.

My one tip is to lose it slowly and steadily and to take baby steps to change your whole lifestyle...my skin stayed firm as a result of doing this and I was left with no saggy skin, same as many other myfitnesspal members :smile:

Best of luck on your journey to health! xxxxxx

When you get past a certain size I'm afraid saggy skin is gonna happen when you lose weight, there's no getting away from it. Skin is like elastic, it can stretch so far, but stretch it too far and it's not snapping back into place. Yes exercise and lifting may help but it's still not snapping back to tight, tight skin. Don't mean to be a downer. And good look with your weight loss.
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good for you and Welcome! I wish you much success!
  • kskostamikel
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site and I think you will find that you like it. I'm not a vegetarian; however, I am also on a high protein, low carb, low sugar diet. Lost 78 pounds so far and have another 90 or so to go. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Need some more friends! Add me!
  • pmartinvo
    pmartinvo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    TerriAnn3---Hi I also have severe arthritis and can't walk without pain. I joined a fitness ctr that has a pool and I do all my walking and areobics in the pool almost pain free. I love it. My goal was 3 times a week for 30 minutes but I go 4-6 times a week for an hour. If possible you might try the water.
  • Lovetotest
    Lovetotest Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone.

I too have a lot of weight to lose. So far I have lost about 63 lbs or so. I am 54 and need to get to at least 240lbs so they can replace my hip. I am in so much pain. Please feel free to add me as well.

Linda