Do you log your supplements?

Options
Just wondering if anyone else logs the vitamins they take as some do have a few calories

Replies

• TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I don't but I think I may start!! I noticed a lot of people do and it never occured to me to do it. I also think it may be a good reminder. :)
  • livelifeloud18
    livelifeloud18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't yet, but I've been thinking about it. I'm not super concerned about the 5 calories or whatever, but it will make my daily breakdown of vitamins/minerals more realistic.
  • LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If you're a forgetful person, it helps to do so. Also, if you're going to see any medical professional who may look at your diary... they might want to know little things like that.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered the same thing.. my fish oil caps are 30 calories and I haven't logged them. Maybe I should?? The other B complex, chromium and C don't have the calories listed??
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have it actually set up in my dairy and all I would need to do is multi-add them - but I hardly ever do (is that a sign of laziness or what)
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i do because sometimes i forget if i've actually taken them :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I do, so I remember to take mine.
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Never, I take loads of Homeopathic supplements, so If I were to log them, I'd be at it all day, plus I cant even pronounce half of them, I just know that they work! :D
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I do, more because it helps me keep track that I actually took them than for anything else. It also gives me a more accurate micro read at the end of the day.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I log mine. They are only a total of 37 calories so I don't worry about that, but I like knowing if I need more calcium, vitamin A or C, or iron.
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    I do log them because I keep track of everything. I like to see how much of vitamins I am getting, potassium, sugars, carbs, etc. And yes, some of them do have calories. If you take some of the chews, they also contain sugars and I've seen some with carbs. I just log them in order to keep myself in check with my nutrition and to make sure I am getting the proper amount of nutrients.
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I long my calcium since it is a nutrient that is tracked in mfp. I never seem to get enough calcium without taking a calcium supplement.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I do for two reasons:

One, it reminds me whether or not I have taken them, cause sometimes I just can't remember.

and Two, on my blackberry, the app shows all my vitamins and mineral averages, and I like to see that I reached my Bs and D vitamins, which can be essential as I wasn't reaching them through diet alone.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I do.
    My joint supplements have a higher sodium level, and I like to track that. I also track my Iron and other things on my Reports page to make sure things are as close to "normal" as possible.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Yep. I take flaxseed oil, CLA, a multi-vitamin, and another amino acid supplement and I log them all. Or if I don't put them in my food diary (cause it's kind of a pain in the *kitten*), I just tack on 50 calories or so to my daily total. They're only about 10 calories each, but that certainly adds up throughout the day.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Never, I take loads of Homeopathic supplements, so If I were to log them, I'd be at it all day, plus I cant even pronounce half of them, I just know that they work! :D

Once you have them logged once, all you have to do is check them afterwards. I look like a pharmacey some mornings with what I take. :flowerforyou:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins, but only so I can track whether I've actually taken them consistently. Otherwise I'll forget.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I always log mine! I usually forget if I've taken them or not as well.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I haven't been because I take so many of them. I take probably 12 different supplements, the only ones I log is my protein/fiber supplements beccause I use them for meals or snacks. Otherwise, I'd be logging Omega, CoQ10, Calcium, Chromium, MSM/Glucosamine, insoluable fiber, Ginkgo, ATP, Juice Supplements for Iron, Vitamin K, Beta Carotene, and Lutien, cranberry supplement, calming herb supplement, probiotic, digestive enzyme, et cetera...you get the picture. My diary would be 6 feet long if I did it!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I do, but mine don't have calories. However, like others here, I use it as a reminder to take them and it keeps the vitamin breakdown on my log correct, since I monitor my Vitamin D and Iron.