Oxy Elite Pro

Options
Went to GNC yesterday to purchase my pre-workout and protein supplements. Lady recommended "fat burner" supplement called Oxy Elite Pro. I did not purchase it and have no intention to until I do some research. Anyone taking these? What are your thoughts? Pros/ Cons? It looks like something bodybuilders take when they are in cutting phase but again, I'm not sure. Can normal people take these in addition to diet and exercise to speed up weight loss? Thanks!

Replies

• RholeModel1922
    RholeModel1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have tried them...went to GNC and got like a two month supply for free. It is a thermogenic, so it forces your body to burn fat...but like any "pill" it places you in an altered state. Once you stop taking the pills or if you get used to them, you will begin to gain the weight back if your lifestyle has not changed.

My husband took them and he said he felt like his heart was going to come out of his chest.

Be careful, listen to your body, and do your research.

There is a forum on them at bodybuilding.com if you want to check them out.
  • salxtai
    salxtai Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Went to GNC yesterday to purchase my pre-workout and protein supplements. Lady recommended "fat burner" supplement called Oxy Elite Pro. I did not purchase it and have no intention to until I do some research. Anyone taking these? What are your thoughts? Pros/ Cons? It looks like something bodybuilders take when they are in cutting phase but again, I'm not sure. Can normal people take these in addition to diet and exercise to speed up weight loss? Thanks!

I haven't personally used it, but looking at the ingredient list makes me a bit skeptical, as with most products that claim this. I don't personally believe that any product can up thermogenic properties enough to a high enough level to really impact on fat loss / increase metabolism.
    Also, the proposed combination of ingredient have been found to "possibly" enhance fat metabolism when combined with caffeine in RATS. And you can't assume animal effects will translate to results in a human population.

There's no magic pill for fat burning, and these pills won't do anything that can't be done through diet tweaking.
    But that's just what I think.
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I tried the free sample I got several months ago. Just made me pee a lot. I mean a lot. Didn't see any increase in weight loss other than water weight which came back after a week.

Complete waste of money.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options

Skip ALL premade fat burning supplements. They're all overpriced and garbage. You want an effective fat loss protocol? EC stack. It's be proven over and over again to be quite effective during fat loss. I've been cutting for 5 weeks and I'll be implementing it for my last 4 weeks. Anything else is moot and pointless since the cost far outweighs any potential benefits.

Obviously, with anything, make sure you educate yourself before starting it. Some people cannot handle it and it causes physical problems. Anyway you slice it, though, EC stack = best fat loss supplementation. By the way, EC = ephedrine and caffeine.

Also, you're buying pre-workout and protein supplements from GNC, which sounds expensive. What are you buying from there? Maybe I can save you a few bucks.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My band's guitarist takes these when he's cutting for his bodybuilding competitions...or should I say...USED to take them. Last May or June he collapsed while he was at work and was in the hospital for six days while his heart was being VERY closely monitored because of these. He doesn't touch the stuff anymore. With any pill being used to alter your body, exercise caution.
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Anyway you slice it, though, EC stack = best fat loss supplementation. By the way, EC = ephedrine and caffeine.

Is there a specific brand/pill that you would recommend?
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    My trainer recommended it and I used it. I was doing pretty well on my own, but this sent my metabolism into overdrive. I dropped nearly 20 pounds in 4 weeks. Of course, I work out twice a day and maintain a diet of approximately 1200 calories per day, so don't expect those results if you aren't putting in the work.

Your body will adjust to it after a few weeks and the loss will slow down. It recommends that you cycle off after 8 weeks and stay off for 4 weeks. I'd say cycle off after 6 weeks. I'm currently cycled off. It supposedly acts as an appetite suppressant but I can't say that I noticed that. I did, however, definitely get an energy lift out of it, and I miss that part even more than the faster weight loss. I use a heart rate monitor and I can really tell a difference in my "average" heart rate while exercising without it.

So, as someone who's used more than just a sample, I would say it's a very effective short-term product if you are already working out and dieting. I didn't suffer any side effects or sleeplessness, but I limited myself to one pill in the morning and one in the afternoon, both pre-workout.
  • shadyj26
    shadyj26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the military and the GNC here on base was told to take it off the shelf. The product works great but it was making military personel show positive for methamphetamine and it was causing some health problems. I have some friends that's not military and they lost 30 pounds in two months. Plus, they have not had any side effects. The key thing is that you much maintain a good diet and execrise. You must do this with any dietary supplement that you take. If, not you are just wasting your money b/c the pill will not work just by taking it.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of any of these "thermogenic" pills. As stated earlier, they are expensive and they can't really speed up your metabolism enough to make a fat-burning difference. Notice that most of them have fine print saying that you should follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen to get the best effect - well, duh. A healthy diet and exercise regimen are going to cause the actual weight loss! Also, there're are just too many people out there who've suffered major heart issues using these pills. Seriously, if you decide to try them, consult your doctor first.
  • jet221
    jet221 Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'm still skeptical so I think I'm going to pass. I've never tried any fat burning supplements because I'm just scared of the side effects.
  • jet221
    Options
    I'm drinking C4 before my workouts and Whey Protein after
  • jet221
    Options

Skip ALL premade fat burning supplements. They're all overpriced and garbage. You want an effective fat loss protocol? EC stack. It's be proven over and over again to be quite effective during fat loss. I've been cutting for 5 weeks and I'll be implementing it for my last 4 weeks. Anything else is moot and pointless since the cost far outweighs any potential benefits.

Obviously, with anything, make sure you educate yourself before starting it. Some people cannot handle it and it causes physical problems. Anyway you slice it, though, EC stack = best fat loss supplementation. By the way, EC = ephedrine and caffeine.

Also, you're buying pre-workout and protein supplements from GNC, which sounds expensive. What are you buying from there? Maybe I can save you a few bucks.

• sbarnhill99
    sbarnhill99 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started this 3 days ago it seems okay it has at least kept me at a steady weight but have not seen weight loss yet. I did a message board on this a couple of days ago and got lots of respose so check it out. I am doing a daily jorney on the side effects I have on my feed so I will add you as a friend so you can see if you want. I have not had too many side effect myself except one that I found that it was slightly harder to get to sleep last night but I did it just took a little longer than normal. Good luck and I hope that this helps ya.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific brand/pill that you would recommend?

The cheapest stuff you can buy. Caffeine is caffeine and ephedrine is ephedrine. I go to a local place and buy the cheapest bottle of each. The brand I use is Kaizen and it's 50 8mg pills for $4.95.

Here is the website I use for my protocol:
    http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm

The expensive part is the ephedrine. So, 50 pills (after being on the protocol for 15 days) = 5.5 days. So, if you do 30 days then it would cost you around $27. Not too expensive but the results (from clinical, empirical studies) are quite impressive. Here is an awesome quote by Anthony Colpo:

"The ephedrine/caffeine combination works both by suppressing appetite and stimulating an increase in energy expenditure. The increase in energy expenditure appears to be met entirely by fat burning [12]"

The study he cited: Astrup A, et al. Pharmacological and clinical studies of ephedrine and other thermogenic agonists. Obesity Research, Nov, 1995; 3 (Suppl 4): 537S-540S.

Cellucor C4? It's not a bad concoction but it can be a little steep in price. You can make your own and it's better than any pre-workout on the market. Only problem is that it's a more expensive initial investment but it's much cheaper down the road.

This is what I use:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrHOlxCjbGo&feature=plcp&context=C4d29609VDvjVQa1PpcFOxxYsF5LOmIRWWXO4LrYG_n5Jw8c7XGWU%3D

It's a long video but bear with him. He has problems being concise but the information provided is priceless.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Meh did nothing to me. No change in energy, no "warm" feeling, no racing heart, nothing. Just another pill to make you think something is gonna happen. However, taken without food caused me to get all sicky, but that's to be expected.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I've taken it for a little bit, and definitely notice some extra energy. I haven't upgraded to taking two pills a day though. I want to, but it just makes me a little nervous. Does anyone take the two pill dose? How does it affect you? Can you get to bed at night? Haha.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I've taken it for a little bit, and definitely notice some extra energy. I haven't upgraded to taking two pills a day though. I want to, but it just makes me a little nervous. Does anyone take the two pill dose? How does it affect you? Can you get to bed at night? Haha.
    I was taking 2 and again nothing happened. I think it was just a waste of time and money
  • TabbyKatzzz
    Options
    This does work!!...for me. Everyone is different.

I only take one pill in the morning and I haven't bumped it up yet (two weeks). I have been dieting and exercising since January, and I started these when I started feeling lack of motivation and tired a lot. Anyway, it has been great, more energy and less appetite for the most part. Also, my husband and I have been dieting together and he has hit the dreaded plateau, but I haven't! 24 pounds since the end of January.

Again, everyone is different, but I love how this supplement makes me feel.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I actually took it a while back as a pre-workout supplement. It made me jittery as hell, dizzy, and I couldn't focus on my workout. Again, I didn't take it for weight loss, I took it to help my workouts.. but it was a waste of money either way. After 3 or 4 doses I returned it. I was already eating pretty well, but I cleaned up my diet some more and almost instantly had more energy for my workouts and lost fat. Look to your diet for energy support and fat loss, I guarantee the cleaner you eat the better you'll feel. Fat burners are a waste of money for the average person.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options

I started out just taking one in the morning, but after a few days I started taking one in the late afternoon just prior to my workout. I didn't have any problems getting to sleep. However, I think I may have a fairly high caffeine tolerance since I drink black tea in the evenings without any problems. As far as the "sweats" that are often attributed to the product, I only noticed that I sweated more during my workouts, which is where I would expect to sweat anyway. I didn't have any sweating problems at other times.

As I stated in my post above, it worked great for me, and I'm looking forward to being able to cycle back on to it to see if it kick-starts my metabolism again. That would be great, even if I don't have as dramatic result as I did the first time.