STILL not sure how to do this???

daisylou
daisylou Posts: 118
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok... maybe it's a little late in the game to be asking this since iv'e been here 3 months now, but HOW THE HECK do you weigh meat? Say chicken breasts for example, do you weigh the 3 oz raw, or 3 oz cooked? How about grond beef or ground chicken? I made a pork roast last night and cut apart 6 oz while it was raw but by the time it was cooked it was hardly anything!!! Am I doing this wrong? How does everyone else do it?

Replies

• Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    In the book "crack the fat loss code" the other says to weigh your meat AFTER cooking it because it can loose up to 3oz.....she also mentioned in the book that when you order meat from a retaurant they use the weight from BEFORE they cook it (broil it...ect)
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    use the weight before cooking if you consume the whole thing. I know that this doesn't seem to make sense but it cuts out a whole lot of BS and guesswork and gives you a little bit of cusion room because you are erring on the safe side.
  • daisylou
    daisylou Posts: 118
    bumping to get more opinions
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    bumping to get more opinions

I generally weigh after cooking it

if it seems a concern I would do it both before and after for a few meats and see if you get that much of a difference

have fun

weigh it before ...during...after,,,,,then eat it and weigh yourself!!!! dance in the dark if you so desire

if you are close to 4 ounces or 6 ounces or whatever the portion sixe is, its all good anyway:wink:
  • kickle88
    kickle88 Posts: 22
    Hi there,
    I would just go by what is on the database in myfitnesspal. You can enter in raw or cooked meats and go from there.
This discussion has been closed.