fiber overload??

Options
I've been reaching about 30-40 grams of fiber daily. Today its coming to 48! Do you think its an overload? My stomach has also been feeling weird and bloated...help!

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I've been reaching about 30-40 grams of fiber daily. Today its coming to 48! Do you think its an overload? My stomach has also been feeling weird and bloated...help!

Try this link and see if it helps. Looks like maybe having too much is not a good thing.
    I think 30-40 grams for a woman a day is already high.

http://blog.ultimatefitnessgear.com/2009/03/are-you-eating-too-much-fiber.html

And if you dont' mind me asking, what are you eating daily to get in that much fiber? I am trying to up my grams of fiber so I would appreciate any advise. Thanks.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    It's over load if you don't feel well because of it. Make sure you drink extra water to help the fiber move through your system. If you're really uncomfortable, try Yogi Berry Detox tea... it's not a laxative, but it does seem to get things moving, and it tastes really good to boot.
  • vickster82
    vickster82 Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks!

Here's what I normally eat:

bfast: weight-control oatmeal, banana, and short non-fat latte.

lunch: this week ive been having a spicy black bean burger (morning star, non-meat), with a double-fiver english muffin for bun, almond mozarella cheese on the burger, with a salad (tomatoes, beets, cucumbers, etc). sugar-free iced tea or water for a drink.

snacks: fruits, veggies, tea, and occasional slip like oatmeal cookie and dark chocolate, light yogurt

dinner: this is the hardest for me since im always on the go. protein shakes (yogurt, milk, aria protein powder, berries), but it vaires greatly. always a protein, veggie and a little fat in there.

i love fruits and veggies so cutting them out would be difficult.

well maybe keep chugging more water and cutting back on cards would be the answer.