Stride length?

Options
How do you measure it?

TIA :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Get on a treadmill with your pedometer on. Walk a specific distance then divide it by the number of steps you've recorded. You can do the same by running and calculating how your stride length changes between walking and running. The longer you walk/run, the more accurate your average :)
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Is there a way of doing it without a treadmill?
  • yuliyax
    yuliyax Posts: 288
    Options
    googlemap your walk from A to B it will show you how many miles it is then divide it by the number of steps you've recorded.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It can be done at home with a tape measure or yard/meter stick on the floor. Put it on the floor and walk the length, counting steps.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How are you planning on using this information? (I'm just curious, I did it to see if it changed during my distance training). But you've got some good suggestions - treadmill + pedometer or googlemaps (or any phone app with GPS distance) + pedometer would work. I would really suggest taking 1 measurement at walking pace, and another at running. It's interesting to compare.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    How are you planning on using this information? (I'm just curious, I did it to see if it changed during my distance training). But you've got some good suggestions - treadmill + pedometer or googlemaps (or any phone app with GPS distance) + pedometer would work. I would really suggest taking 1 measurement at walking pace, and another at running. It's interesting to compare.

To set up my Fitbit better