If you had to buy Protein Powder fm

Options
sgmomma
sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
WalMart what would you buy? Live in a small town an right now don't really have the option to go to any other stores for better

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Look for something with Whey Isolate as the primary ingredient. as close to 4 calories / gm of protein as possible.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I did a little researd on Walmart's site and saw Whey Protein. It had A LOT of good reviews and was a very reasonable price compared to GNC
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I get the Six Star Whey Protein Isolate from walmart. It has 30 g of Protein and is really good
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Whey, I've only tried the French Vanilla Creme but I love it. It is sooooo cheap on Amazon. I think I got a 2lb tub for $19.99+small shipping fee.

ON seems to be a favorite on MFP!! A lot of my MFP friends use it too!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    EAS products are decent. I like how they taste, and mix up pretty well. As one of the above posters said, Whey isolate is preferred.
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    nope. use this new thing called the Internet to find better options.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i have used body fortress. mixes well and tastes good. and you can use it in baking if you want.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If I were forced to purchase protein from Walmart, I would opt for cheese, chicken, beef, and milk.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have nothing good to add to this but i am interested in seeing what everyone says!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm not finding ON on amazon for less than $25...I'm feeling pretty dumb today ..lack of sleep thanks to my 15 month old
  • jmr085
    jmr085 Posts: 5
    Options
    I would totally recommend buying your protein drinks online and having them shipped to your home from The Vitamin Shoppe. I have read many reviews about protein drinks and found the Matrix brand to be the best tasting and also the easiest to mix. I also highly recommend Diet Direct.com when it comes to purchasing protein bars, they taste like candy bars, but are so much better for you. I personally enjoy and have recommended the BariWise Protein bars to all my friends and co-workers. They come in a wide variety of flavors and they run them on sale all the time. Try them, they are delicious, you won't be disappointed!! :happy:
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Ive heard that Body Fortress at wal mart os pretty good and the price is not that bad. Amazon has all the protien shakes you could imagine. Or go to gnc.com, thevitaminshoppe.com (i think) or vitaminworld.com and order straight from them. I use GNC amp wheybolic it taste pretty good.
  • solicit
    solicit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I should have peeked in here before purchasing. I bought the Jillian Michaels one. What are your thoughts on that one?
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've used both Body Fortress and SixStar strawberry flavors.. They mix up well in a drink mixer with extra berries.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I should have peeked in here before purchasing. I bought the Jillian Michaels one. What are your thoughts on that one?

My thoughts are it's overpriced, it's got a lot of carbs. You can easily purchase a protein with a higher protein per serving ratio.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress is a good one that walmart sells
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i use EAS lean 15 chocolate whey. 100 cals per serving. it blends well and tastes good. mix it in with almond milk, pb2, half a banana and ice in the blender and it tastes like a peanut butter shake. :happy:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I would totally recommend buying your protein drinks online and having them shipped to your home from The Vitamin Shoppe. I have read many reviews about protein drinks and found the Matrix brand to be the best tasting and also the easiest to mix. I also highly recommend Diet Direct.com when it comes to purchasing protein bars, they taste like candy bars, but are so much better for you. I personally enjoy and have recommended the BariWise Protein bars to all my friends and co-workers. They come in a wide variety of flavors and they run them on sale all the time. Try them, they are delicious, you won't be disappointed!! :happy:

Vitamin Shoppe is pretty awesome!!
  • robin49505
    robin49505 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard Whey Protein is the best per my research.....buy it on Amazon!
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I'm not finding ON on amazon for less than $25...I'm feeling pretty dumb today ..lack of sleep thanks to my 15 month old

I'm pretty sure it was on sale when I got it but $25 is still a great deal. You really won't find anything easy to mix and that tastes as good cheaper than $25.