Share Your BEST "Treat!"

Options
juliee274
juliee274 Posts: 124 Member
What food item(s), savory or sweet, is your absolute best "treat" or "find" since starting MFP? It could be a recipe you created or found, or something you purchase ready-made, but it should be delicious (non-diet tasting) and satisfying (generous portion and/or very filling) but (relatively) low-calorie. Anyone who says plain celery sprinkled with lemon will be disqualified! :smile:

My best pick (so far) is Panera's Thai Chopped Chicken....only 470 calories including dressing!

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Larabars are my favorite, especially the chocolate cherry torte one.......it's like candy without the guilt.
  • juliee274
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • looplooploop
    Options
    Chocolate chips mixed with almonds! Usually about 30 chips to 15 almonds (I weigh them) and it's around 230 calories. Super filling and satisfies the sweet tooth :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Skinny baked buffalo wings. I found the recipe off of skinnytaste and they rock. Around 200 cals per serving. I literally scrape the sauce off the pan after baking.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    My favorite savory item right now is Grand Lux Cafe mini mushroom & goat cheese pizza. It's only 370 cals and DELISH! I have it for lunch every Thursday, along with a slice of their bread and one pat of butter...total about 520 cals for lunch.

My favorite sweets would be Hershey's Special Dark nuggets with almonds. Only 45 cals each and the perfect size. I also love my homemade banana bread cake w/ walnuts. I use a sugar free cake mix, add applesauce, eggs, about 4 bananas and chopped walnuts and bake it in a bundt cake pan. Makes 16 servings at 158 cals each. :love:
  • juliee274
    Options
    My new favorite sweet treat "on the go" is the McDonald's Fruit and Yogurt parfaits.... 160 calories! I also really like the mini Clif Bars which are usually around 100 calories, and the Snackwell fudge drizzled popcorn packs for late night sweet cravings at 130 calories.
  • JenM28
    JenM28 Posts: 12
    Options
    Super easy and delicious (and I hope I don't get ridiculed for it being to "diet" like :-) but an apple cut up into bite sized pieces sprinkled with cinnamon and truvia - throw it in the micro for 2 minutes and it seriously tastes like apple pie. I haven't tried it yet, but I bet that putting some oatmeal in there for a "crust" would likely be really good too.
  • CollisionofNova
    Options
    Super easy and delicious (and I hope I don't get ridiculed for it being to "diet" like :-) but an apple cut up into bite sized pieces sprinkled with cinnamon and truvia - throw it in the micro for 2 minutes and it seriously tastes like apple pie. I haven't tried it yet, but I bet that putting some oatmeal in there for a "crust" would likely be really good too.

Mine is an apple cup up with natural peanut butter and cinnamon...so I'm not ridiculing you!

If I'm going for a full out "treat", I'd probably say the Simply Bars that (finally!) showed up at my grocery store. I'm a fan.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thegraciouspantry.com's clean eating alfredo. Holy crap!