to track or not to track

Options
i've always been curious; does everyone track every little thing they do physically as exercise? for me, i don't really. for example, i do a lot of heavy lifting at my job, mutliple times, but i don't track it as actual exercise. that, and i walk my dog almost every day for at least fifteen minutes. i don't track it unless i pass 15 minutes, like say 20. when i was with weight watchers, you were supposed to track every little thing....even doing laundry. :indifferent:

does anyone else do this? opinions?

Replies

• hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    I track things that are our of the ordinary for me. I sit in an office all day, but if one day I am doing up and down the stairs multple times within an hour, I track it (I am usually carring binders, a box, etc.). Same with walking. If it is my normal walk, no, but if I walk further and back for some reason, I track it. This is just me.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I saw a poster yesterday comment that if your body was used to work before you began your weight loss journey then set your activity level at Lightly Active and only track exercise that is new to your life. If you're set at Sedentary then lifting at work or walking the dog would do well to be tracked so you don't run at too high a deficit.
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I don't I just consider them extras, and probably cover what I forgot to log food wise. I just add my exercise. Probably also depends on what your activity level is set to. Good luck to ya! :)
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't track extras at work, I just have my profile set to light active, as some days I might have to journey to the 4th floor several times. I'm military and some days our PT sessions might be hard to track. So if it's not running I don't log it. I do log my dog walks, because I tend to take him on fairly long ones, and not necessarily every day.
  • MamaWannaRun
    MamaWannaRun Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I track things that are our of the ordinary for me. I sit in an office all day, but if one day I am doing up and down the stairs multple times within an hour, I track it (I am usually carring binders, a box, etc.). Same with walking. If it is my normal walk, no, but if I walk further and back for some reason, I track it. This is just me.

THIS!